DII-A

Kublah

I have consulted with the scientists down at NASA. Here is the situation as it stands in the East.

MTCS 3-0 6-3  next opponent FCS

TKA     3-1 6-3  next opponent ND

FCS      2-1  6-3 next opponent MTCS

If mtcs defeats FCS, 1 mtcs, 2 TKA, 3 FCS, 4 LC/Webb winner

If FCS defeats mtcs and TKA defeats ND,

FCS 3-1 7-3, TKA 3-1 7-3, MTCS 3-1 6-4 thus 1 TKA, 2 FCS, 3 MTCS. TKA defeated FCS.

If FCS defeats MTCS and ND defeats TKA,

FCS 3-1 7-3, TKA 3-1 6-4, MTCS 3-1 6-4,

thus 1 FCS, 2, MTCS, 3 TKA, 4 LC/Webb winner. MTCS d TKA

Edited by ReitzFan
  • Like 1

Here are is the situation in the middle and in the West. The middle is completely cut and dry.

Middle

NCS/DCA winner is 1, loser is 2.

Frank. Grace/Col. Acad. Winner 3, loser 

In the West, USJ is 1, JCS is 2 those are locks. 

TCA/JCS win  3 TCA 4 TRA 5 FACS

TCA/FA  win  3 TCA 4 TRA 5 FA

FA/FACS win 3 TRA 4 FACS 5 FA

FACS/JCS win 3 TRA 4 FACS 5 TCA

Of course, the West is unofficial and just the way I see it at 3:00 a.m. on a Sunday. LOL

The east could be a mess from what you guys have posted.

Now to the big game in the middle region. Its game week for the NCS at DCA faithful. Both teams took care of business in convincing fashion in this past weeks games.     These two teams are almost carbon copies of each other in how the operate on the defense and offense. Both have size, speed, and are extremely physical. They both also appear to play with an edge and wait until the “echo” or the whistle to stop trying to dominate their man. 

On offense both use a fullback and also can spread you out. Both had tailbacks that can get chunks of yards. DCA has a 225 lb fullback in #33 that is as physical a fullback as I’ve seen for the Wildcats. Plus, he’s very fast and doubles as the tailback on some occasions. He’s simply one of the best ever to play for the Wildcats as a fullback and MLB. Both teams use play action passing to attack vertically with NCS liking to take shots vertically on the outside. 

On defense both run to the ball extremely well. Running outside the tackles will be interesting for both teams. Both teams will play a single high safety and mix in man and zone coverages. Both teams don’t worry about leaving the CB’s on an island to cover speed WR’s. The LB’s are equally good against the run or pass. 

Kicking is a bit different IMO. DCA has arguably a top #2 kicker in its history and he is a dangerous weapon. NCS has a good kicker as well and mix it up with his kicks when it comes to direction and distance.

This game will be an absolute war. Best of luck to all the teams. 

On 10/24/2021 at 12:17 AM, ReitzFan said:

I have consulted with the scientists down at NASA. Here is the situation as it stands in the East.

MTCS 3-0 6-3  next opponent FCS

TKA     3-1 6-3  next opponent ND

FCS      2-1  6-3 next opponent MTCS

If mtcs defeats FCS, 1 mtcs, 2 TKA, 3 FCS, 4 LC/Webb winner

If FCS defeats mtcs and TKA defeats ND,

FCS 3-1 7-3, TKA 3-1 7-3, MTCS 3-1 6-4 thus 1 TKA, 2 FCS, 3 MTCS. TKA defeated FCS.

If FCS defeats MTCS and ND defeats TKA,

FCS 3-1 7-3, TKA 3-1 6-4, MTCS 3-1 6-4,

thus 1 FCS, 2, MTCS, 3 TKA, 4 LC/Webb winner. MTCS d TKA

TKA has two Covid wins which I do not believe count in the tie breakers, thus a three way tie would go to FCS with 7 overall wins, MTCS with 6, and TKA with 5.

This guy does a great job of keeping his website up to date....he is based out of Middle TN but really good. http://www.tndiiathletics.com/ 

7 hours ago, TheBigAl said:

TKA has two Covid wins which I do not believe count in the tie breakers, thus a three way tie would go to FCS with 7 overall wins, MTCS with 6, and TKA with 5.

This guy does a great job of keeping his website up to date....he is based out of Middle TN but really good. http://www.tndiiathletics.com/ 

I have not seen this website, thanks!

On 10/26/2021 at 9:24 AM, TheBigAl said:

I just saw this website for the first time today. When I went to it I swore that his analysis of division 2 Class A west region playoff seeding possibilities was incorrect. I since found out that I was an error. Sadly, I did not account for what I call call the covid tax. At least in the case of the school that I cover, the TSSAA covid rulings when dealing with region and overall records will have a negative impact possible depending on one scenario. Another scenario has us completely out of the playoffs when in theory we should make it. In my opinion, the TSSAA needs to overhaul their covid policy concerning records and seedings. At the very least, it should be made a priority that region games are played as scheduled or made up and that a non-region game must be canceled in order to make up a region contest if both teams have a date available. JMO

Edited by ReitzFan

3 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

I can tell you that this website is wrong about its predictions in the West. His predictions say that if TCA wins and Fayette Academy wins that TCA would be the five seed and Tipton Rose mark would be the three seed. That is incorrect. Tipton Rose Mark has finished region play and is 3-2. Should TCA defeat FACS, they would also finish 3-2 in region play. As TCA would hold the head-to-head tiebreaker against tra. And upset fa win would make them 3-3. Percentage wise, 3-2 is better than 3-3. Thus there is no three-way tie. Jmo

Correct, my friend!

Edited by CABacker

3 hours ago, CABacker said:

I thought that Covid wins count as a region win but covid losses are considered "no contest".  In that case, your original post would have been correct.

That is correct, but in our case it ends up costing us in the long run. We had to take a covid loss early in the season against a region opponent. We wanted to reschedule that game. We found a week in which both of our teams had non-region games. The proposal was to have both teams dropped the non-region opponents and play the region contest. The other team refused. Meanwhile, in another region the same scenario happened and the two teams decided

to drop non-region opponents and make up the region game. It was the right thing to do. 

Now, if one particular scenario happens we would be a five seed instead of a 3 seed. The scenario I'm pointing out most likely will not happen, but it should not even be a possibility of happening my rule. As long as we're going to have covid rules on our Sports, we need to tweak the rules and make things more equitable. Jmo

Hope you are well my friend. Should you guys win on Friday, and should things work out the way they should in our region, we would be coming to play you guys first week of the playoffs. Best wishes to you.