CLINTON @ WILLIAM BLOUNT Aug 20th

92Dragon

I did watch the first half of this game on govnationnetwork.com to try and understand just how in the world it was 33-0 at halftime. The really strangest play to me was when the WB punter kicked a roller ball type of punt and hit one of his own men in the back of the helmet 8 yards down the field downing it deep on the WB side of the field. The next time WB drove it down the field for their first drive only to be picked off for an 80 yard TD with seconds left in the first half. Guess I would have left at half also if I seen that happen to my team. Clinton is a very much improved team and WB just needs to cut out the stupid mistakes that really put this game to far out of reach for the second half.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I did watch the first half of this game on govnationnetwork.com to try and understand just how in the world it was 33-0 at halftime. The really strangest play to me was when the WB punter kicked a roller ball type of punt and hit one of his own men in the back of the helmet 8 yards down the field downing it deep on the WB side of the field. The next time WB drove it down the field for their first drive only to be picked off for an 80 yard TD with seconds left in the first half. Guess I would have left at half also if I seen that happen to my team. Clinton is a very much improved team and WB just needs to cut out the stupid mistakes that really put this game to far out of reach for the second half.

Clinton only attempted 5 or 6 passes in the first half. Most of their offense was on the ground. And nothing really fancy except for a reverse. I remember seeing alot of A and B gap runs.

6 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

Clinton only attempted 5 or 6 passes in the first half. Most of their offense was on the ground. And nothing really fancy except for a reverse. I remember seeing alot of A and B gap runs.

I see a lot of teams play Maryville that forget there is three more minutes to go in the half and choke up 2 touchdowns before going in making it pretty tough to manage their way back. Had Clinton got to 35 at half everyone would have got to go home with it still being daylight outside.