Blackman's murders row

CougarDadx2

Coming out the gate with Brentwood (2020 6A runner up), then Gallatin (2020 6A Playoffs), Riverdale (2020 6A Playoffs), Summit (2020 5A Champion), Stewart Creek (2020 Playoffs). Maybe catch a breath with Antioch -  then Oakland (2020 6A Championship). Can they pick a couple off in the first five? Heck even one? Tall order against this competition with a new coach, new system.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, CougarDadx2 said:

Coming out the gate with Brentwood (2020 6A runner up), then Gallatin (2020 6A Playoffs), Riverdale (2020 6A Playoffs), Summit (2020 5A Champion), Stewart Creek (2020 Playoffs). Maybe catch a breath with Antioch -  then Oakland (2020 6A Championship). Can they pick a couple off in the first five? Heck even one? Tall order against this competition with a new coach, new system.

Definitely a tough way to start the season, but I believe Gallatin and SC are winnable games. Gallatin should be much improved from last year and I don’t know if anyone can guess what SC is going to do from year to year. 

48 minutes ago, eers said:

Definitely a tough way to start the season, but I believe Gallatin and SC are winnable games. Gallatin should be much improved from last year and I don’t know if anyone can guess what SC is going to do from year to year. 

I look for possibilities in SC, Gallatin and maybe even Summit.  

2 hours ago, eers said:

Summit may be the best of the group. 

Brentwood has a new/old head coach... and they graduated a lot of talent. I am hopeful by the Summit Game the Blaze are in sync and hitting a good rhythm and the defense has found an identity. We are going to need some luck and all the pieces to be working this first season to have a shot at a good playoff shot. I like what I am seeing from a tempo and mix of schemes and play calling so far... execution a finishing plays with confidence takes a bit but I think will make an impact when they do. 

18 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

Brentwood has a new/old head coach... and they graduated a lot of talent. I am hopeful by the Summit Game the Blaze are in sync and hitting a good rhythm and the defense has found an identity. We are going to need some luck and all the pieces to be working this first season to have a shot at a good playoff shot. I like what I am seeing from a tempo and mix of schemes and play calling so far... execution a finishing plays with confidence takes a bit but I think will make an impact when they do. 

I hear there’s some phenomenal talent…

Chandler Tygrad is going to learn a lot about his team right out of the gate. Talk about a challenging set of weeks. With the right attitude, it could be a very good thing, though. Good competition can bring good learning experiences. I could see them winning 2-3 of them. Brentwood lost a lot of key players in the offseason. Plus, Ron Crawford not being there has to make a difference. I think that season opener is a toss up. I’m undecided on what game I am going to this Friday. This is one I think I want to check out. 

As an outsider who just loves Tennessee high school football, I look forward to watching from the outside and seeing how this new coach’s program starts to take shape.