Blackman's murders row

CougarDadx2

18 minutes ago, CougarDadx2 said:

Good luck Blaze! Hope y'all turn some heads tonight. I believe the last time CTT coached against them bears, he beat them not once, but twice. Would like to see that streak continue.

Amen.... I want to see the Blaze show up and show out.... Count down is on and I am stoked!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, CougarDadx2 said:

WOW! The Blaze are for real! Congratulations!!

That was the most creative play calling I've seen in the 15 +years I've been a Blaze fan.  They were well conditioned, disciplined and looked like a team playing very well together.  There is a lot of growth left and a lot of improvement to be in a contenders spot, but you have to just soak it in a little. This was a game I don't think more than a hand full of people picked them to win. I certainly hoped they would get a couple wins in that people were not ready for. I wasn't real certain this would be one. I hoped it might be , but was real surprised. .Way to go Blaze . 

Edited by Blaze45

11 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

That was the most creative play calling I've seen in the 15 +years I've been a Blaze fan.  They were well conditioned, disciplined and looked like a team playing very well together.  There is a lot of growth left and a lot of improvement to be in a contenders spot, but you have to just soak it in a little. This was a game I don't think more than a hand full of people picked them to win. I certainly hoped they would seen a couple wins in that people were not ready for. I wasn't real certain this would be one. I hoped it might be , but was real surprised. .Way to go Blaze . 

The defense did good for half the game but a few mistakes can be tweaked. The gap dicsipline is still a little off but it can be fixed. Gotta be sound vs bigger teams but they can most definitely score points 

Edited by arshad221
Misspelled

1 hour ago, arshad221 said:

The defense did good for half the game but a few mistakes they man can be tweaked. The gap dicsipline is still a little off but it can be fixed. Gotta be sound vs bigger teams but they can most definitely score points 

I completely agree... but considering no one gave them a chance against "defending state runner ups" couldn't be happier 

10 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

I completely agree... but considering no one gave them a chance against "defending state runner ups" couldn't be happier 

They fix a few things on defensive alignment and on offense with some pieces they’ll make some noise. Teams will definitely get tired against them. 

54 minutes ago, arshad221 said:

They fix a few things on defensive alignment and on offense with some pieces they’ll make some noise. Teams will definitely get tired against them. 

Coach Beasley  strength and conditioning has them in good shape. Heck, he has them lifting weights just before the game.... Yes allowing 35 pts is not a great way to win.... However the 3 missed touchdowns  (1 for a questionable illegal substitution  and 2 wide open dropped passes.) did not help the scoreboard either. Everyone says the most improvement a team makes all year is between week 1 and 2...I can't wait to see week 2 against a good Gallatin team. Should be  good game .

4 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

Coach Beasley  strength and conditioning has them in good shape. Heck, he has them lifting weights just before the game.... Yes allowing 35 pts is not a great way to win.... However the 3 missed touchdowns  (1 for a questionable illegal substitution  and 2 wide open dropped passes.) did not help the scoreboard either. Everyone says the most improvement a team makes all year is between week 1 and 2...I can't wait to see week 2 against a good Gallatin team. Should be  good game .

Spot on - just finished watching the game. In addition to the three missed scores you pointed out, there are another hand full of plays where just a single missed block would have resulted in another score. Brentwood really had no answer.

4 minutes ago, CougarDadx2 said:

Spot on - just finished watching the game. In addition to the three missed scores you pointed out, there are another hand full of plays where just a single missed block would have resulted in another score. Brentwood really had no answer.

We have got to work on shedding blocks and playing sideline to sideline up front, That was the only thing Brentwood had. The sweeps where #9 hit the edge and they  got their blockers  in the second level was their biggest gains and responsible for 3 of the scores 

Edited by Blaze45

1 hour ago, Blaze45 said:

We have got to work on shedding blocks and playing sideline to sideline up front, That was the only thing Brentwood had. The sweeps where #9 hit the edge and they  got their blockers  in the second level was their biggest gains and responsible for 3 of the scores 

Yep, I noticed in scrimmages it’s either a missed gap or missed tackle. Brentwood had a 74 yarder stopped but the kid missed the tackle right in the middle. And the swing pass you just gotta read those out and get there. Blackman really should have had like 50 points easily last night on some offensive misfires