Upperman vs Cookeville

22 minutes ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

Should have been 35-6 if not for a bogus call 

I watched it from Uppercumberland Repoter. I couldn’t see that well. What call was bogus. Was our center snapping the ball over the qb’s head or was our qb’s just dropping the ball? How about the targeting call on us? That looked weak as well.

17 minutes ago, crow6424 said:

I watched it from Uppercumberland Repoter. I couldn’t see that well. What call was bogus. Was our center snapping the ball over the qb’s head or was our qb’s just dropping the ball? How about the targeting call on us? That looked weak as well.

The illegal motion penalty that was flagged after the score and as teams lined up for the extra point.  It's like the refs were trying to keep it closer than it really was. Lots of questionable calls and most went Cookeville's way. 

17 minutes ago, crow6424 said:

U scored from about two yards out, O ran off, PAT ran out, then came a procedure call.  If that's the case, should of blown dead.  Almost like they waited to see the outcome of the play, then called it.  Snap issues looked to be some C, some QB, and some wet ball.  The PF was a football play.  WR got his hands on the ball, DB was closing, WR dropped, DB let up as much as he could, but there was contact.  He didn't light him up or anything.  Probably a 50/50 play at best.  Wanna see an illegal hit, go back and watch that last U pick and the WR go helmet to helmet, no call,  Oh well.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, VictoryFormation said:

U scored from about two yards out, O ran off, PAT ran out, then came a procedure call.  If that's the case, should of blown dead.  Almost like they waited to see the outcome of the play, then called it.  Snap issues looked to be some C, some QB, and some wet ball.  The PF was a football play.  WR got his hands on the ball, DB was closing, WR dropped, DB let up as much as he could, but there was contact.  He didn't light him up or anything.  Probably a 50/50 play at best.  Wanna see an illegal hit, go back and watch that last U pick and the WR go helmet to helmet, no call,  Oh well.

Thanks

i would have like to have seen us open up the passing game a little more as well. After our first drive, they were stacking up the box. Seems like or QB would have had a field day. 

20 minutes ago, VictoryFormation said:

The line judge was blowing it dead before it was ever called a touchdown the other officials weren’t looking.  There was a lot of celebration and noise but he was calling it dead.   It was the official  on the line the farthest from Upperman bench.  He eventually ran across the field and got the referees attention.  

Regardless the bees were better tonight and would have opened up the game if they didn’t have so many bad snaps.   I knew Cookeville offense was a problem and it showed. Maybe they can learn something from the film.   But the play calling was horrible.   I have a feeling we are in for a long season.   

15 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

The line judge was blowing it dead before it was ever called a touchdown the other officials weren’t looking.  There was a lot of celebration and noise but he was calling it dead.   It was the official  on the line the farthest from Upperman bench.  He eventually ran across the field and got the referees attention.  

Regardless the bees were better tonight and would have opened up the game if they didn’t have so many bad snaps.   I knew Cookeville offense was a problem and it showed. Maybe they can learn something from the film.   But the play calling was horrible.   I have a feeling we are in for a long season.   

Yeah, 6a will be rough on them. Thankfully they aren’t in that Murph region any longer.

6 hours ago, TCRadio said:

Good win Upperman, see you guys next week on the Creekbank! Hope we can give you guys a good game

Sandbag much. lol?  We'll expect a full recap on the FC game.  Don't know if you watched any of the Upperman/Cookeville matchup, but U showed virtually nothing in terms of offensive scheme.  Only ran about 6 plays.  Even when CHS loaded up to stop the run, they still didn't open anything up (only threw 5 passes all night).  Never seen them run so much 12 personnel on offense.  But it worked and they wore them down and pulled away at the end.  Not sure that plan will change much next week, should be pretty close to the same game plan.