Cornersville @ Forrest

dawgswin

I think that this is one of those "throw the records out the window" type games, even if there isn't one. Forrest says that Cornersville hasn't beaten them in forever...Cornersville says that Forrest has been afraid to play since they've been relevant. Neither team has that mental roadblock of "we can't beat them" since they haven't played. Both communities really want this game, and the kids are well aware of the bragging rights factor. You probably need not worry about effort in this one. Shame that I can't be two places at once, because I'd love to see this one.

15 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

I think that this is one of those "throw the records out the window" type games, even if there isn't one. Forrest says that Cornersville hasn't beaten them in forever...Cornersville says that Forrest has been afraid to play since they've been relevant. Neither team has that mental roadblock of "we can't beat them" since they haven't played. Both communities really want this game, and the kids are well aware of the bragging rights factor. You probably need not worry about effort in this one. Shame that I can't be two places at once, because I'd love to see this one.

You said it best with "both communities really want this game, and the kids are well aware of the bragging rights factor."  Just because these two schools do not play each year does not mean this game doesn't mean anything to them or the fans for that matter.  I am hoping for a really good game that is injury free for both teams and Go Dawgs!

2 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Forrest did not duck C'Ville. We scrimmaged them in 2019. It was a pretty good back and forth.  Forrest wasnt as mentally into the game. I dont think they will be Friday either. I dont think they care as much as Cville does. Amnd our offensive coaching has been malpractice level.  

1 hour ago, GeneralForrest said:

Forrest did not duck C'Ville. We scrimmaged them in 2019. It was a pretty good back and forth.  Forrest wasnt as mentally into the game. I dont think they will be Friday either. I dont think they care as much as Cville does. Amnd our offensive coaching has been malpractice level.  

I wouldn't sell the kids short just yet General...if they come out flat you called it, but I wouldn't bet on it.

3 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

You’re out of your mind if you don’t think this game doesn’t mean anything. But I hope they aren’t as mentally into it Friday as you said.

1 hour ago, GeneralForrest said:

I lean towards a fairly easy Cville win with them leading wire to wire.  I said 21-7.  Could be more decisive.  Forrest is not a good team.   Will be similar to last year's Moore County game.  Typical bad bad bad offense and not much better defense. 

I hope the rockets stay undefeated for a few more weeks myself.

Whether or not they are mentally in the game for this week is just a bad sign on your coaching staff.  I do not care if you were playing the 85 Bears.  Your mentality for all games should be that we want to go out here, play our hardest, and win the game.  I doubt anyone, even the players from Forrest, isn't mentally prepared for this game.  

6 minutes ago, rnorris92 said:

Whether or not they are mentally in the game for this week is just a bad sign on your coaching staff.  I do not care if you were playing the 85 Bears.  Your mentality for all games should be that we want to go out here, play our hardest, and win the game.  I doubt anyone, even the players from Forrest, isn't mentally prepared for this game.  

then you havent followed this program under Eli, minus Johns' kids running the table in 2019 and having Eli STILL almost frig that up against Summertown and Lewis Co.