Marion travels to Sequatchie County.

4 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

Got some key guys sitting tonight. Hopefully we can still make a game of it.

Marion looked to have all their horses playing tonight?  I did See Rogers get hurt. Anyone else? 
 I was proud of our defense. Played well. The offense just couldn’t execute. Turnovers and penalties killed us.  Thoughts?

8 minutes ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

I listened to some of this one, it sounded like it just as easily could easily have been 14-14 at one point instead of 21-0. But it also sounded like the Warriors were working in a lot of young guys so it could possibly have been a lot worse than the score indicated.

They threatened once or twice before the game was in hand but after we scored the second time there really was no doubt.  We have a lot of improving to do, tyner and bledsoe up next so it better come quickly

19 minutes ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

Maybe Sequatchie isn’t as bad as everyone thinks. Sounds like it was a decent game tonight. 

We definitely looked better than last week. And no disrespect but Marion has a lot of improvement to live up to their hype.  I saw several folks tonight from Bledsoe and even Meigs tonight. They gotta be licking their lips right now. Thoughts?

3 hours ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

You got that right.  We have ran our three plays.  We will get blitzed in our district.

3 plays?

And why play 14 so much?  Get Taye the ball every play at qb and let him decide. I suspect that Marion will improve a lot this year.  Well they better anyway  or they in trouble.. Tyner. Meigs. Ect. 

49 minutes ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

They threatened once or twice before the game was in hand but after we scored the second time there really was no doubt.  We have a lot of improving to do, tyner and bledsoe up next so it better come quickly

You speak the truth there.  If Marion don’t improve they lose both of those games  IMO 

1 hour ago, Sequatchie33 said:

Marion looked to have all their horses playing tonight?  I did See Rogers get hurt. Anyone else? 
 I was proud of our defense. Played well. The offense just couldn’t execute. Turnovers and penalties killed us.  Thoughts?

There were 4 that actually did play but weren't as big of a factor if they were healthy. A couple that I was surprised that even played. Turnovers for us were costly and sometimes Seq was their own worst enemy. Seq played more inspired than last week I think. Like Power P said, it was close in the beginning last week as well but back to back punt mishandles broke that one open.

I feel if Taye had started at qb there would've have been maybe a couple more scores. He didn't play offense in the 4th because he was needed more in the secondary. #14 is a sophomore and will be a good qb but just have to get him some game experience. Pickett has played very well in his first 2 games and will hopefully get more reps as the season goes on.

Warriors are no where close to competing in the region right now. A threat in the east?? Not unless there are major changes in the offense.

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

There were 4 that actually did play but weren't as big of a factor if they were healthy. A couple that I was surprised that even played. Turnovers for us were costly and sometimes Seq was their own worst enemy. Seq played more inspired than last week I think. Like Power P said, it was close in the beginning last week as well but back to back punt mishandles broke that one open.

I feel if Taye had started at qb there would've have been maybe a couple more scores. He didn't play offense in the 4th because he was needed more in the secondary. #14 is a sophomore and will be a good qb but just have to get him some game experience. Pickett has played very well in his first 2 games and will hopefully get more reps as the season goes on.

Warriors are no where close to competing in the region right now. A threat in the east?? Not unless there are major changes in the offense.

Major changes in the offense? Like what? I thought that this is the offense style that they want?

32 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

What happened to the Rogers kid?

33 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

Let me ask you a question. Who is calling the offence around the jailhouse?

3 minutes ago, Sequatchie33 said:

Major changes in the offense? Like what? I thought that this is the offense style that they want?

Did you not see the difference in the offense from the 1st half compared to the 3rd qtr?

With the speed we have at skill positions would you continually run up the middle and not try to run outside?

Edited by PurplePower68

Some of this is probably attributed to competition from the first game. Not alot to learn from Grundy and South Pitt being as good as they are may help you pick up something from a game of that caliber. Just my thoughts. Both teams will improve after this game. Sequatchie probably feels pretty good about losing and Marion is probably some concerned they didn't put up better numbers.