Blackman travels to face Greenwave, who is favored and how does this shake out?

Blaze45

Blackman threw for nearly 400 yards last night against a tough Brentwood team . Does Blackmans "blazing fast " offense match up well against a stingy Greenwave defense?  Will the bend but don't break defense be enough to minimize Gallatins high powered offense?  "Baby Blaze" as first year coach Chandler Tygard  refers to this young inexperienced team will have a tough row to hoe for most of its first 5 games. I have not seen Gallatin play and there is no film on NFHS to watch. Where are the mismatches on either side of the ball, for either team? Coaching? Overall team?

Stingy defense is an analogy that can be used for our DLine, but not the secondary. High powered offense is not an analogy I would use. That hasn't been proven yet. Blackman had a nice win against last years 6A runner up last night and I'm sure are feeling pretty good about that. Gallatin needs to clean up tons of mistakes, many of which they cause on themselves. 

Edited by thegreatone36

18 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

Blackman threw for nearly 400 yards last night against a tough Brentwood team . Does Blackmans "blazing fast " offense match up well against a stingy Greenwave defense?  Will the bend but don't break defense be enough to minimize Gallatins high powered offense?  "Baby Blaze" as first year coach Chandler Tygard  refers to this young inexperienced team will have a tough row to hoe for most of its first 5 games. I have not seen Gallatin play and there is no film on NFHS to watch. Where are the mismatches on either side of the ball, for either team? Coaching? Overall team?

Appears that Blackman will be a formidable opponent this year.  I am predicting another “W” this coming week.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TomLHS said:

Appears that Blackman will be a formidable opponent this year.  I am predicting another “W” this coming week.

I hate to say it, but I like that Blaze got punched in the mouth first 2 plays of the Brentwood game(bad kickoff, followed by a safety) They had to show some mental toughness. They then jumped out to a  32 / 16 lead and lost the lead with 4:56 left and had to fight their way back and did. I believe they showed more discipline and heart than they have shown in a while. Players engaged, trainers, paying attention, nobody walking off the field to visit people in the stands. I saw position coaches coaching in between offensive and defensive series. I know they have in the past, but this was quick 30 second talk.. these seem to be real coaching , teachable sessions.  I know Blaze will have their work cut out for much of the season, but its a nice start to the rebuilding and re-branding of Blackman football. Hopeful they can have a good performance this week. 

Edited by Blaze45