Westmoreland @ H20

biggest

6-0 win is better than a loss any day but wow that was ugly. H2O didn’t win that game, Westy lost it. Penalties and miscues killed Westy all night. Westy has a real weapon in their punter. That young man did an awesome job flipping the field all night.

H2O was anemic on both sides of the ball, but far worse on offense. To give just one example of the clueless play calling: #6 Cooper (a really tough player) breaks a long run. Westy’s secondary chases him down. H2O goes hurry up… and hands the ball back off to the guy that was just running for his life 15 seconds ago. Did we try to take advantage of the secondary that was still winded after chasing down the runner? Nope, just run that tired running back right into the teeth of the Westy D line for maybe a yard. And that is just one example of many. Still running spread with players that are not suited for it. I did notice we went into a pro set type formation a few times, but still not an offense that this group of players can do well in. Unless you use that formation for some misdirection, which we don’t. 

This was one of the 3 or 4 games I thought we would win this year, so I’m glad we got the W… next week might be a different story. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, PurpleReign said:

Still running spread with players that are not suited for it. I did notice we went into a pro set type formation a few times, but still not an offense that this group of players can do well in. Unless you use that formation for some misdirection, which we don’t. 

Still running spread? I’m  an armchair quarterback like most on here, but Watertown was in formations tonight that they haven’t been all year. Last 2 weeks they was in more of a wing t formation but that didn’t seem to work either. Not saying I have any answers or know exactly what they’re trying to do but I did at least notice they tried to change some stuff or at least it appeared that way. As some said sitting around me they haven’t thrown the ball very much this year but when they have the receivers haven’t caught it so not sure that’s the answer either.