Westmoreland @ H20

biggest

13 minutes ago, Merlyn said:

Still running spread? I’m  an armchair quarterback like most on here, but Watertown was in formations tonight that they haven’t been all year. Last 2 weeks they was in more of a wing t formation but that didn’t seem to work either. Not saying I have any answers or know exactly what they’re trying to do but I did at least notice they tried to change some stuff or at least it appeared that way. As some said sitting around me they haven’t thrown the ball very much this year but when they have the receivers haven’t caught it so not sure that’s the answer either. 

I agree they tried some new stuff! I think  8 & 6 are bright spots for the future.  I believe we all got spoiled by the talent we've had in the past.  I don't know the answer but  the Robertson kid plays lights out! We need several more like him. 

6 minutes ago, biggest said:

I agree they tried some new stuff! I think  8 & 6 are bright spots for the future.  I believe we all got spoiled by the talent we've had in the past.  I don't know the answer but  the Robertson kid plays lights out! We need several more like him. 

I agree! They’ve been very talented the last couple years. It’s a small town, down years are going to happen. Like you said the future looks bright from some the young guys I’ve seen out there. It may be a long year, I think they’ll figure it out eventually, but at least the underclassmen are getting valuable playing time under their belts that hopefully will allow them to reload next year and several years after. 

Just now, Merlyn said:

Still running spread? I’m  an armchair quarterback like most on here, but Watertown was in formations tonight that they haven’t been all year. Last 2 weeks they was in more of a wing t formation but that didn’t seem to work either. Not saying I have any answers or know exactly what they’re trying to do but I did at least notice they tried to change some stuff or at least it appeared that way. As some said sitting around me they haven’t thrown the ball very much this year but when they have the receivers haven’t caught it so not sure that’s the answer either. 

They were in some different formations tonight, I mentioned one of them. But we are still commonly coming out in 3 wides and and RB. And as you said, not throwing it or being ineffective when we do. There are many things that can be done. One being WRs picking up linebackers on screen plays and end runs, which we don’t do. It’s not like they are missing the blocks, they aren’t even looking for them from what I’ve been seeing. Which means either it’s not being coached, or the players aren’t doing what they’ve been coached to do. But it is not uncommon to see a WR not blocking anyone as the runner gets creamed by a LB. But if we can get that down, it will help a lot.

But ultimately we are in a down cycle right now. We’ve had some really outstanding athletes come through over the past 5 to 7 years. So as you said, who knows what might work, maybe nothing. Maybe a lot has already been tried, and this just as good as it’s going to get for now. Either way, I’ll still cheer the boys on, then as many do, vent my frustrations here as needed, if needed. 

4 minutes ago, PurpleReign said:

They were in some different formations tonight, I mentioned one of them. But we are still commonly coming out in 3 wides and and RB. And as you said, not throwing it or being ineffective when we do. There are many things that can be done. One being WRs picking up linebackers on screen plays and end runs, which we don’t do. It’s not like they are missing the blocks, they aren’t even looking for them from what I’ve been seeing. Which means either it’s not being coached, or the players aren’t doing what they’ve been coached to do. But it is not uncommon to see a WR not blocking anyone as the runner gets creamed by a LB. But if we can get that down, it will help a lot.

But ultimately we are in a down cycle right now. We’ve had some really outstanding athletes come through over the past 5 to 7 years. So as you said, who knows what might work, maybe nothing. Maybe a lot has already been tried, and this just as good as it’s going to get for now. Either way, I’ll still cheer the boys on, then as many do, vent my frustrations here as needed, if needed. 

This I can agree with 100% 

1 hour ago, Merlyn said:

Don’t pay attention to purple reign. He obviously has a problem with Webster. 

• Like 1

The talent is there but they are mostly sophomores and are not being used like they should be. Coaching decisions are bad on offense. There are open receivers and they never even get looked at and they run the same run plays over and over with the one QB and the one RB and get stuck 99% of the time by the D Line. Tonight the QB had plenty of time in the pocket and wasn’t running for his life so can’t blame everything on the O Line this week.  Time to realize it’s not working so stop doing it and make some changes. 

12 hours ago, Whatshappening said:

The talent is there but they are mostly sophomores and are not being used like they should be. Coaching decisions are bad on offense. There are open receivers and they never even get looked at and they run the same run plays over and over with the one QB and the one RB and get stuck 99% of the time by the D Line. Tonight the QB had plenty of time in the pocket and wasn’t running for his life so can’t blame everything on the O Line this week.  Time to realize it’s not working so stop doing it and make some changes. 

They literally changed everything from the week before. Do you even pay attention?

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, CCLHL08 said:

Sounded like a good one! Wish I could have made that game. Will they have a playoff or anything?

They will play a bowl game at the end of the year but I don't know who they will play..... Probably ER again but I am not sure... It will be @ Sycamore this year I believe.