Week 3 Region 6 3A Predictions

Undisputed

29 minutes ago, Swarm said:

It's gotten a little weaker the last couple weeks unfortunately. Fairview was plagued with season ending injuries against Camden and Sycamore. Going to take a great game plan from the coaches as well as luck to keep it close vs Waverly. I'm sure you guys have noticed us struggling with lesser opponents recently. Lost perhaps our best player against Camden to a broken collarbone and our starting DE (my nephew) broke his fibula last night. 

Where will Waverly play their playoff games if they have home field? Surely not at the lower seed teams home stadium right? 

Man I hate to hear that for y’all, y’all had a great team rolling until injuries. I for one said I thought y’all were down, and y’all indeed were not down. I wish for fast recoveries for y’all’s injuries. I hate hearing abt kids getting hurt. As for waverly, they will indeed be playing playoff games away, I don’t really see a way for them to get  them home field playing time. There were talks early abt trying to get the field up and going but it never happened. I believe it was because there’s so much other stuff that needed repair in the town overall before they could get to the stadium. They had a brand new fence built abt 2 weeks after the flood but it hasn’t been touched since. I haven’t heard differently yet, but they will definitely be playing away all playoffs as of now.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Swarm said:

It's gotten a little weaker the last couple weeks unfortunately. Fairview was plagued with season ending injuries against Camden and Sycamore. Going to take a great game plan from the coaches as well as luck to keep it close vs Waverly. I'm sure you guys have noticed us struggling with lesser opponents recently. Lost perhaps our best player against Camden to a broken collarbone and our starting DE (my nephew) broke his fibula last night. 

Where will Waverly play their playoff games if they have home field? Surely not at the lower seed teams home stadium right? 

I hate to hear that. Prayers for those young men, including your nephew. That is a question I had for Waverly as well. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Anonymoustiger said:

Man I hate to hear that for y’all, y’all had a great team rolling until injuries. I for one said I thought y’all were down, and y’all indeed were not down. I wish for fast recoveries for y’all’s injuries. I hate hearing abt kids getting hurt. As for waverly, they will indeed be playing playoff games away, I don’t really see a way for them to get  them home field playing time. There were talks early abt trying to get the field up and going but it never happened. I believe it was because there’s so much other stuff that needed repair in the town overall before they could get to the stadium. They had a brand new fence built abt 2 weeks after the flood but it hasn’t been touched since. I haven’t heard differently yet, but they will definitely be playing away all playoffs as of now.

Many thanks. Both those recently injured kids are juniors so thankfully they got another go round next year. We should be pretty stout next year sure enough. Never know when those injuries are going to knock you off the block though. I hate it too. 

Hopefully Waverly can at least get someone to loan out a neutral field if you guys are the higher seed. Yall have been doing it all year I realize but this is playoffs! Good luck with that. I guarantee Fairview would loan out theirs if its within the rules and we're not using it. 

39 minutes ago, Swarm said:

Many thanks. Both those recently injured kids are juniors so thankfully they got another go round next year. We should be pretty stout next year sure enough. Never know when those injuries are going to knock you off the block though. I hate it too. 

Hopefully Waverly can at least get someone to loan out a neutral field if you guys are the higher seed. Yall have been doing it all year I realize but this is playoffs! Good luck with that. I guarantee Fairview would loan out theirs if its within the rules and we're not using it. 

Playoffs are very very and concern me a little bit. When you travel far your team had to bring their own energy when the fans lack energy. Waverly lacked energy in the early stages of the game. They closed the second qtr and the rest of the game out with fiery energy. They can’t wait until late second qtr/early third qtr against good teams (white house/Fairview) specifically Bc they’re in our region. I could be wrong but I’m hoping that White House will pop back up on our schedule in the next few weeks lol

3 minutes ago, Anonymoustiger said:

I could be wrong but I’m hoping that White House will pop back up on our schedule in the next few weeks lol

Very likely. Right now I feel like we're probably headed to Carthage in round 1 based on what I know and what I think I know. I'm wrong alot though lol. I do think Fairview will be coached up against you guys next week and you'll see things from us no one has saw all year. We rotated QBs as well as several other positions continuously last night. I couldn't keep track of who was in or out or if we we were just subbing or really trying to score lol. I do know ALOT of our guys played last night in all 4 quarters. 

11 minutes ago, Swarm said:

Very likely. Right now I feel like we're probably headed to Carthage in round 1 based on what I know and what I think I know. I'm wrong alot though lol. I do think Fairview will be coached up against you guys next week and you'll see things from us no one has saw all year. We rotated QBs as well as several other positions continuously last night. I couldn't keep track of who was in or out or if we we were just subbing or really trying to score lol. I do know ALOT of our guys played last night in all 4 quarters. 

When you have the injury bug going around, it takes great coaching and surprise schemes, I know that Fairview is a very good coaching staff, you guys will be ready, I expect a very good ball game.

5 minutes ago, Anonymoustiger said:

When you have the injury bug going around, it takes great coaching and surprise schemes, I know that Fairview is a very good coaching staff, you guys will be ready, I expect a very good ball game.

I hope so. If history is any indicator you can throw everything out the window when these boys square off. It's always decided by single digits and goes to the last second ticks off the clock. Many of these young men have been playing against each other annually since they were 5 or 6 years old! 

Edited by Swarm

42 minutes ago, Swarm said:

I hope so. If history is any indicator you can throw everything out the window when these boys square off. It's always decided by single digits and goes to the last second ticks off the clock. Many of these young men have been playing against each other annually since they were 5 or 6 years old! 

This game never fails to have 70+ total points scored as well. These 2 schools have been playing against each other in all sports in jr and highschool so they’ve played against each other since jr pro days as well.

Waverly/Fairview and White House-Heritage/White House should be two great football games to end the 2021 regular season.  I feel like the region has been great this entire season and I expect all 4 of those teams to represent the region well in the playoffs.  

Stewart County/Cheatham County will also be an interesting contest to end the campaign (both teams only lost to White House-Heritage by 7 points each).  Stewart County's senior class has absolutely nothing to be ashamed of as they've been a huge part of turning that football program into a contender for the last 4 years.  I know a lot of coaches in Region 6-3A are happy that Will Page is finally graduating this year.  That young man will be talked about in Stewart County Rebels Football conversations for the next 25+ years for what he did these last 4 years as the starting QB.  Cheatham County is a team that has gotten better as the season has progressed this year.  Cooper Owen has been a player who has done great things on the field as a Cub the last 4 years. 

Sycamore finishes at Jo Byrns in a non-region battle next week.  Sycamore may be winless this year but they are still playing hard and that is a credit to their coaches and kids.  Last night they played what was perhaps their best game of the season.  

It's been great to talk football with you all this year.  I hate that this region is only together for 2 years because it is one that could produce some great games/rivalries for years to come.  If 2022 is the last year of this region I hope that several of these games are retained as non-region games in 2023 and beyond.  

5 hours ago, Swarm said:

You would think Camden would be able to do it. Idk all the rules or regulations for this but I personally think it’s the best option. Just a thought!