David Crockett at Dobyns-Bennett

TribalEmpire

3 minutes ago, DBKPT93 said:

We shall see. They don’t have Prince anymore. He was the last dude. I expect Crockett to start trending back to normal this year. 

Crockett is down from the last couple of years but there is a difference now that has never been there before..... they have a really good coach, and the players seem to have bought in to the fact that they can win games.    I expect them to give DB a good first half but the Tribe just has way too much in the end.

15 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Crockett is down from the last couple of years but there is a difference now that has never been there before..... they have a really good coach, and the players seem to have bought in to the fact that they can win games.    I expect them to give DB a good first half but the Tribe just has way too much in the end.

Especially when you have players playing both side of the ball.

2 minutes ago, stockton4182 said:

Especially when you have players playing both side of the ball.

Yeah I hear ya bro, same thing @ Boone.    Most high schools not named Maryville or Alcoa have a lot of 2 way players.    You would think that schools with 2300+ students like DB and the HILL could have separate O and D units but even those schools play some guys both ways.    Not sure about this year but traditionally that is how it works.

2 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Yeah I hear ya bro, same thing @ Boone.    Most high schools not named Maryville or Alcoa have a lot of 2 way players.    You would think that schools with 2300+ students like DB and the HILL could have separate O and D units but even those schools play some guys both ways.    Not sure about this year but traditionally that is how it works.

That's because of the poor coaching in little leagues and middle school.  Little league coach's in this area do a poor job of developing players. Their more concerned with their own won/loss record so they make sure their best player has the ball in his hands on every play. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

That's because of the poor coaching in little leagues and middle school.  Little league coach's in this area do a poor job of developing players. Their more concerned with their own won/loss record so they make sure their best player has the ball in his hands on every play. 

I agree 100% with this statement!!!

3 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

From where I am sitting, looks like so far DB has done a pretty good job replacing last years graduates. 3 solid wins, although I don't know how good those teams were.  Have to say the Indians win this one too. BTW read Coach David Hoover's book, 100 years of Glory 1921-2021, a really good read, 

How was the Maryville chapter?

3 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

From where I am sitting, looks like so far DB has done a pretty good job replacing last years graduates. 3 solid wins, although I don't know how good those teams were.  Have to say the Indians win this one too. BTW read Coach David Hoover's book, 100 years of Glory 1921-2021, a really good read, 

Well...IMO, those three teams aren't what I would call good. THS hasn't played but once due to Covid, so it's a little harder to gauge them. I think Crockett will be the best team D-B has played to this point, but I think the Tribe will still handle them fairly handily. I think next week's game against West Ridge will present a much bigger challenge before heading down to Greeneville, where....well...I don't even want to think about it right now.