Westmoreland Travels to Smith County

GBO52

Westmoreland takes a trip to Smith County to try and pick up their first win! Owls 1-2 coming off a big win against Maplewood. What are your thoughts? 

If the Eagles have their full staff back and at least 90% of their starters I think it is a winnable game. Seen some improvement from the o line last week so hoping to see that continue. Defense played really well too. Praying Perry is back where we will run more then 5 plays all game!!!!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, GBO52 said:

Westmoreland takes a trip to Smith County to try and pick up their first win! Owls 1-2 coming off a big win against Maplewood. What are your thoughts? 

If the Eagles have their full staff back and at least 90% of their starters I think it is a winnable game. Seen some improvement from the o line last week so hoping to see that continue. Defense played really well too. Praying Perry is back where we will run more then 5 plays all game!!!!

If Westmoreland is as healthy as they were when we scrimmaged Cascade and Goodpasture I like our chances. SC has a monster line but struggled with speed at the skilled positions when I saw them play Gordonsville earlier. Im sure SC is much better than they were then with a few games under their belt. I always love going to the hole and playing a football game. Glad this match up is back on our very difficult schedule. Hang in there eagles. All our losses have been gut wrenching. The worm is about to turn 

4 hours ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

If Westmoreland is as healthy as they were when we scrimmaged Cascade and Goodpasture I like our chances. SC has a monster line but struggled with speed at the skilled positions when I saw them play Gordonsville earlier. Im sure SC is much better than they were then with a few games under their belt. I always love going to the hole and playing a football game. Glad this match up is back on our very difficult schedule. Hang in there eagles. All our losses have been gut wrenching. The worm is about to turn 

You heard any word on Coach P? He going to be back for this one?

11 hours ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

I aint give up on the regional title yet! If we win out and TC beats watertown then it would come down to head to head wins and losses between us and TC. That Upperman forfeit may come back to bite TC in the buttocks afterall. I think TC will lose at Macon friday night also.

Yea, I mean anything could happen. I haven't given up on our team for sure. Still think they are just as talented as I always have and I think this schedule is going to benefit them a lot towards the end of the season and next year! I hope Coach Perry continues to schedule bigger schools! 

12 hours ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

I aint give up on the regional title yet! If we win out and TC beats watertown then it would come down to head to head wins and losses between us and TC. That Upperman forfeit may come back to bite TC in the buttocks afterall. I think TC will lose at Macon friday night also.

It doesn't count as a loss for us, it's a no contest, so TC would end 8-1, and westy 7-3 

Edited by TCRadio