Mr. Football -- Kicker

WesVLT

Congratulations to Ian O'Connor for being awarded the Mr. Football award for Kickers. Naturally, I am biased towards Brentwood Academy's John Vaughn and Kody Bliss, both of whom have been nationally recruited and will garner all-state honors for the second consecutive year. Thus, I wonder if the reason one of them did not win was because Middle Tennessee's votes were split; however, I congratulate O'Connor. I have heard from both Vaughn and Bliss since the ceremony, and both say that O'Connor was deserving. So, congratulations, Ian.

Yes! This thread was specifically about Kickers, but I certainly wish to congratulate a great player and a fabulous person, King Dunlap, for winning the Mr. Football Lineman award for D2. He is very deserving, and his parents should be very proud. As should Auburn. Brentwood Academy's new cheer should be War Eagle! ;)

But the song should definitely be Rocky Top. ;)

from what I've seen of Bliss and Vaughn over the past 3 or 4 years, they were both very deserving..Wes, I'd guess that you're probably right about the Middle Tennessee vote being split. Auburn is very lucky to have the two of them and Dunlap coming down here next year. The kickers should both contribute immediately and do well, and Dunlap will most likely end up on the defensive line in a couple of years..congrats to all of the winners!

I don't see how 2 kickers from the same school got nominated for Mr. Football Kicker is right. I takes away from other kickers at other schools. It think it should be one kicker per school. They may both be outstanding kickers, but they should pick the best kicker to represent their school well. :)