Birth of a new rivalry: West Ridge at Dobyns-Bennett

TribalEmpire

2 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Since we're bringing up old memories of South - DB, the game that I remember most is the year DB won 44-0. 

South was actually favored to win that game. It was 21-0 before I got parked. 

Man alive, I just got home from enduring another UT loss and had to be reminded of this!!! LOL!!! although I don't recall South being favored. Thanks for the painful memory!

On 9/11/2021 at 12:12 PM, ETN423 said:

So other than the Blount County schools and Oakland

What public schools can hang with the Greene Devils,regardless of classification

Blount county school, singular.  WB and Heritage couldn't beat Greeneville if you spotted them 60 points at kickoff.

edit:  How could I forget about Alcoa... duh?  -_-

Edited by SWVAHavokFan

So, hearing rumors that a West Ridge tweet fired up some D-B parents.  Think it had something to do with the band sitting on the away seats now or something to that effect and telling West Ridge fans to go purchase the home side seats on Go Fan.  The tweet in question has since been deleted I believe.

Rivalry has begun y'all.  Going to be fun Friday night.

Edited by SWVAHavokFan

33 minutes ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

So, hearing rumors that a West Ridge tweet fired up some D-B parents.  Think it had something to do with the band sitting on the away seats now or something to that effect and telling West Ridge fans to go purchase the home side seats on Go Fan.  The tweet in question has since been deleted I believe.

Rivalry has begun y'all.  Going to be fun Friday night.

Apparently, WR junior varsity only played DBs freshman last Thursday according to someone’s post on this thread. So is this game only going to be the WR varsity against DBs JV?  :popcorneater:

• Like 1

According to the West Ridge Facebook page, WR and DB are partnering to do a black out at J Fred Friday night to show solidarity with TN. High school. Shirts that state "We stand with TNHigh" will be sold at WR but will also be available at Gametime Sports in Kingsport. Cost of the shirt is $12 and all proceeds will go directly to the Montgomery family. FYI, I just read on the Gametime website that if you want a shirt for this Friday you must buy thru West Ridge after noon on Thursday otherwise shirts purchased at Gametime will be available Sept. 22nd. Very classy move by these two fine high schools and the entire community.

Https://montgomeryfundraiser.itemorder.com

• Thanks 1

So why is it most of the post on here about WR refer to South?Thats some real disrespect to the kids that came from North and Central.And I find it funny that when I moved here and before KPT took over lil south.I may be wrong but in the last 15 yrs I haven't seen south beat DB on the field.So why is it just cause they ride farther up the road now to school.That makes them better and now theyre going to have a better chance at beating DB.Just cause they hung with SH.Ive also learned since Ive been here.You never know what kind of SH team you going to get from one Friday to the Next.The kids DB has playing have been in the program except for a few.Alot of them was in practice with all those seniors last yr.I never really understood why people were so down on DB this yr. Especially with the history DB has in football with like 2 or 3 lossing seasons in the last 25-30 yrs.And alot of people underestimating Joeys coaching.Is DB at Maryville and Oakland level right now.Who knows that's why they play the games.But he's working towards that and doing a pretty good job.Joey will have them boys ready Friday night.Its seems some folks are chopping at the bit for DB to lose so they can get on here running them in the ground.You even have this (BLAZER MO-RON) that gets on DB's threads praising them then for the second time in as many weeks he's posting on our thread saying how hes hoping we lose.Go to your own teams thread Forrest!

Edited by DBturningitAROUND
Spelling

On 9/11/2021 at 11:08 AM, blazer1set said:

Everyone thought DB would be significantly down this year because of having graduated 20-something starters, but at this point they are way better than anybody thought they would be.    Now granted they have played a fairly cupcake schedule thus far but still.....         I would venture to say WR has way more incentive to win this than DB does and you can't dismiss that.               I know it's not technically South 2.0 but.... does anyone remember the very first DB/South game?       It was South's first year and I remember my father saying "DB blows them out of the water".     If I'm not mistaken DB won something like 21-14 and both teams had a long TD called back due to a penalty, but it went down to the wire.      Somebody correct this if it's wrong, that was 41 years ago....

Hey Forrest,DB has played cupcakes.I wouldn't put Tenn High as a cupcake, Volunteer is and always will be Volunteer,Mo East has had some good teams the last few yrs.And a conference game we can't change.But cause their having a down yr this yr their Cupcakes,And the same goes for DC the last few yrs,But their 2-2 and their Cupcakes.The only Cupcake is you!Go to your own teams thread and post and stop jumping on bandwagons.You probably have a UT and VT hat.LOL,Just go to your own thread.RUN FORREST RUN!