AC Mavericks Visit Undefeated and 4-0 South Doyle Cherokees In A major conference Match Up for Week #5 BBBTV12 Live

Mavericksinflight

South Doyle comes in undefeated ave 33 points per game allow 16. Mavs Ave 36 and allow 38. SD did have a Scot Co. Team skewing there totals. The Mavs have Elizabethton week #5 how much worse can a schedule get. So based on that this is a Must win for the Mavs. Of course it is for SD but IMO not as much. I will go out on a limb and predict the Mavs will win the first half...lol..

Ok I know who I think will win this game but what are the predictions for this big match up?

Edited by Mavericksinflight

• Mavericksinflight changed the title to AC Mavericks Visit Undefeated and 4-0 South Doyle Cherokees In A major conference Match Up for Week #5 BBBTV12 Live
9 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

South Doyle comes in undefeated ave 33 points per game allow 16. Mavs Ave 36 and allow 38. SD did have a Scot Co. Team skewing there totals. The Mavs have Elizabethton week #5 how much worse can a schedule get. So based on that this is a Must win for the Mavs. Of course it is for SD but IMO not as much. I will go out on a limb and predict the Mavs will win the first half...lol..

Ok I know who I think will win this game but what are the predictions for this big match up?

Where has Olehickory gone off to with his EXACT fact reporting. I told you 7 on 7 has its purposes But you cannot judge a team’s success with it. You have your hands full this week.

11 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

SD has whacked Boone in the 5A playoffs a couple of times, so for that reason alone this Blazer is pulling for the Mav's, come on boys let's get it done!

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, noonesfool said:

Where has Olehickory gone off to with his EXACT fact reporting. I told you 7 on 7 has its purposes But you cannot judge a team’s success with it. You have your hands full this week.

I am not sure what is going on. I am sure our deficiencies will be corrected and we will be 2-0 in region play after Friday nights game.

Mav, you guys are going to have to win the TOP battle in this one to get the W. SD isn't flashy, but they have a solid defense, and they just want to grind things out on offense with Gary. They don't do a lot in the passing game, but they do just enough to keep you honest. They didn't look great against Bearden, but they really wore them down in the 2nd half.

2 hours ago, osunut2 said:

Mav, you guys are going to have to win the TOP battle in this one to get the W. SD isn't flashy, but they have a solid defense, and they just want to grind things out on offense with Gary. They don't do a lot in the passing game, but they do just enough to keep you honest. They didn't look great against Bearden, but they really wore them down in the 2nd half.

Well Nut I watched the Bearded SD replay and we played Powell as well with many weapons. Powell just looked so much more than SD. SD snuck in a win with OR. We have played a tougher schedule and by all aspects we should be comfortable winning. Now Friday night does give me some worries on Defense. I am not sure what is really going on with our defense. I expected it with Powell but our defense has not lasted the 2nd half play. If this issue is unfixable than we will be finished. But I am pretty sure this issue is temporary...at least by now....Powell, SH and Rhea again they are 6A and 5A depth where as most 4A games should allow us to finish better plus I would think by now we are in shape for 4A 4 quarters game plus we have learned a lot and that's what making adjustments is all about. Call it a gut feeling but I believe we should not have any problem with SD but the second go around would worry me more should we meet.

8 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Well Nut I watched the Bearded SD replay and we played Powell as well with many weapons. Powell just looked so much more than SD. SD snuck in a win with OR. We have played a tougher schedule and by all aspects we should be comfortable winning. Now Friday night does give me some worries on Defense. I am not sure what is really going on with our defense. I expected it with Powell but our defense has not lasted the 2nd half play. If this issue is unfixable than we will be finished. But I am pretty sure this issue is temporary...at least by now....Powell, SH and Rhea again they are 6A and 5A depth where as most 4A games should allow us to finish better plus I would think by now we are in shape for 4A 4 quarters game plus we have learned a lot and that's what making adjustments is all about. Call it a gut feeling but I believe we should not have any problem with SD but the second go around would worry me more should we meet.

Generally speaking, I think you are right about 4A depth (vs. 5A/6A), but I think SD is one of the exceptions to that rule. Remember, they just moved down to 4A, and they more than held their own in 5A. Coach Duncan has a pretty deep roster, as usual, plus they are built to grind out wins with a power back and a very good defense.

If AC can establish a lead going in to the 4th quarter, I like your chances.

4 hours ago, osunut2 said:

Generally speaking, I think you are right about 4A depth (vs. 5A/6A), but I think SD is one of the exceptions to that rule. Remember, they just moved down to 4A, and they more than held their own in 5A. Coach Duncan has a pretty deep roster, as usual, plus they are built to grind out wins with a power back and a very good defense.

If AC can establish a lead going in to the 4th quarter, I like your chances.

You right I was thinking about them moving down and that depth as well. We will have to play 4 quarters.  Yeah if we get a lead we have to defend it. It could possibly be a shootout. I think we have the plays and players and talent to score on anyone first half. We just need to find, this week, a way to keep the energy going in the 2nd half. If we can come together 1st half and 2nd then we will have found a Championship team. 

Picking SD. 
one of your excuses is to young. Veteran teams have 4 more games under their belt as well. Second excuse no depth. Can’t fix that, because your games are catch up and young kids don’t get on the field.

3rd speed, you probably have couple of relatively fast guys, BUT you don’t have team spead or track level speed.

4th, we use to argue schedules. Yours was very soft. Now it’s tough. It’s the grind. And that is tough on any team.

• Like 1