Govs travel to science hill

Thegovernorofwillyb

The possibilities of a 2 or 3 win season look better every game now. If for some reason they end up with one win after moving to a more competitive division the insiders at WB need to look in the mirror at themselves and admit we're the biggest laughing stock of East Tennessee Football by our own doing's and need to quit hiring snake oil salesmen and go out and get somebody worth his salt to save this pile of mess they have created .

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, DBturningitAROUND said:

(Return home for some winnable games) Sevier County,West Ridge and Ole DB.This is going to be EPIC!!!..

I think West Ridge and Sevier County are winnable games. And why not? We beat Sevier County last year and West Ridge is a brand new school and from the sounds of it they are having a lot of the same issues we are having in terms of being sloppy and commiting a lot of penalties and turnovers. Plus they have to get on buses and make a 2.5 trip down here. A lot of times kids don't respond well to that. It can be hard to come that far on a bus and get off ready to play. We almost upset Elizabethton when they came down here a few years ago and I think that was a big part of it. Finally, why is a DB fan so concerned with my take on which games are winnable?

Edited by TheGreatWallofAlnwick

1 hour ago, TheGreatWallofAlnwick said:

I think West Ridge and Sevier County are winnable games. And why not? We beat Sevier County last year and West Ridge is a brand new school and from the sounds of it they are having a lot of the same issues we are having in terms of being sloppy and commiting a lot of penalties and turnovers. Plus they have to get on buses and make a 2.5 trip down here. A lot of times kids don't respond well to that. It can be hard to come that far on a bus and get off ready to play. We almost upset Elizabethton when they came down here a few years ago and I think that was a big part of it. Finally, why is a DB fan so concerned with my take on which games are winnable?

Maybe he's sore because DB lost the last game against WB.     Your analysis of Sevier and WR is spot on, both are winnable, but of course you have to do it on the field.

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

Maybe he's sore because DB lost the last game against WB.     Your analysis of Sevier and WR is spot on, both are winnable, but of course you have to do it on the field.

Actually they beat us in the 2019 playoffs when we went up there, but we beat them in the 2016 regular season. You're right about having to do it on the field. There's a big difference between having the ability to beat someone and actually going out and doing it. UT's performance against Pitt is a great example of that.

Edited by TheGreatWallofAlnwick

SH should win this one but as another poster said, they've had a crazy start to the season so who knows. They're 2-2, with their losses being to two very good teams in Elizabethton and Powell. This is a SH team that on paper should be one of the best teams in East TN. They have a ton of experience and upperclassmen. This is a seasoned group that should be playing a lot better than they are. They have a veteran QB, veteran players at the skill positions, veteran players on both the OL/DL but for whatever reason they've really underperformed so far. Anything seems to go with this year's team. I won't be surprised if they win big Friday night and I won't be surprised if they end up with another loss. 

Edited by ETNfan83

On 9/14/2021 at 7:04 PM, KnoxVil said:

I would have thought Jeff was a very winnable game…. Boy was I wrong

It was a very winnable game. We shut down their offense after a strong 1st quarter and tied it up 14-14 and then didn't score another point and lost 17-14. We had multiple drives deep into their territory and threw multiple interceptions. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TheGreatWallofAlnwick said:

It was a very winnable game. We shut down their offense after a strong 1st quarter and tied it up 14-14 and then didn't score another point and lost 17-14. We had multiple drives deep into their territory and threw multiple interceptions. 

Point is you lost to Jeff County. Winnable or not, WB got beat by Jeff County.