Ripley @ Covington - Week 4

CHARGERFAN

So, Covington has a forfeit win over Millington in Region 7-3A, but when Ripley comes to town this week, it will be the first “live” region game for the Chargers this year. Ripley had some comeback wins in earlier games, but I saw that Jackson Northside handled them on Friday 28-12.

Since the Chargers already defeated Northside 48-20, you would think that we are solid favorites over Ripley. But, it’s a new ballgame every time they kick off, so I hope that Covington will not overlook the Tigers. 

I would be interested in what you folks think about this one. Personally, I find it hard to believe that this game marks the half-way point of the high school football season. Say it ain’t so.

It is hard to believe that it's Week 5!

I know that Ripley and Covington are big rivals, and anything can happen in a rivalry game.  But I don't think the Tigers have the horses to pull this one off.  

Side Notes:

*Covington is averaging 50 points a game while giving up an average of 17. 
*Ripley is averaging 24 points a game while giving up an average of 18.
*Overall, Covington has played a tougher schedule.
*This will be the 52nd meeting between Ripley and Covington since 1970.  Covington leads the series 33-18.
*Last year's results:  Covington 47, Ripley 14.
*I don't think Ripley would be successful in playing a game of keep away, but you might see them try.  That was the Tigers' game plan in a 17-3 loss to Haywood in last year's quarterfinals.

Go Chargers!

On 9/12/2021 at 2:39 PM, CHARGERFAN said:

I would be interested in what you folks think about this one.

I know I've already responded to this post, but...

Ripley has a 20-18 victory over South Side (0-4), a 20-14 victory over Crockett Co. (1-3), and a 42-13 victory over Bolivar (0-4).  If I remember correctly, I believe the Tigers had to come from behind to beat South Side and Crockett Co.  With victories over teams that have a combined record of 1-11, it just doesn't look good for the Tigers.  

North Side (2-2) defeated the Tigers 28-12.  I know you can't compare scores, but as you have stated Covington defeated North Side by a score of 48-20.  More bad news for the Tigers!  

Actually, I can see Ripley losing 5 or 6 games this season (North Side, Covington, Union City, Westview, Dyersburg, and maybe Millington). 

This game will be over early.  After the final horn, take a trip across the Hatchie and watch the end of the Milan-Haywood game.  Lol 

16 minutes ago, stacmot said:

I know I've already responded to this post, but...

Ripley has a 20-18 victory over South Side (0-4), a 20-14 victory over Crockett Co. (1-3), and a 42-13 victory over Bolivar (0-4).  If I remember correctly, I believe the Tigers had to come from behind to beat South Side and Crockett Co.  With victories over teams that have a combined record of 1-11, it just doesn't look good for the Tigers.  

North Side (2-2) defeated the Tigers 28-12.  I know you can't compare scores, but as you have stated Covington defeated North Side by a score of 48-20.  More bad news for the Tigers!  

Actually, I can see Ripley losing 5 or 6 games this season (North Side, Covington, Union City, Westview, Dyersburg, and maybe Millington). 

This game will be over early.  After the final horn, take a trip across the Hatchie and watch the end of the Milan-Haywood game.  Lol 

I would like to see y’all’s game. Is there no Live Stream or a later YouTube recording I can watch? BTW, the Live Stream of each Covington game is archived on the Covington, TN YouTube channel, along with city meetings, etc. It takes a week or more before they get posted though.

3 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

I would like to see y’all’s game. Is there no Live Stream or a later YouTube recording I can watch? BTW, the Live Stream of each Covington game is archived on the Covington, TN YouTube channel, along with city meetings, etc. It takes a week or more before they get posted though.

I'm not aware of any stream at this time.  At the beginning of the season, a friend of a friend told me that Haywood home games (beginning with the Milan game) would be streamed on the NFHS network.  I don't see any evidence of that at this time.  I should know better than to believe second-hand information!  I would imagine there are some after game streams, but I'm not aware of them.  Maybe some one else can provide some info or links.

I tried to watch the live video stream of the Covington-Munford game this year.  Since there were some delays and it was spotty,  I ended up watching the Peabody-Milan game.

3 minutes ago, stacmot said:

I'm not aware of any stream at this time.  At the beginning of the season, a friend of a friend told me that Haywood home games (beginning with the Milan game) would be streamed on the NFHS network.  I don't see any evidence of that at this time.  I should know better than to believe second-hand information!  I would imagine there are some after game streams, but I'm not aware of them.  Maybe some one else can provide some info or links.

I tried to watch the live video stream of the Covington-Munford game this year.  Since there were some delays and it was spotty,  I ended up watching the Peabody-Milan game.

There is a post on Tomcat Nation FB page that states it will be streamed. "The Victory 93.7 FM, WTKB"