(4-0) Clay County hosts (0-5) Westmoreland

Boarhog

This one’s gonna be a great game.  Westmoreland is a solid team.  I don’t care if they’re winless or not, they’re good.  You look at the 5 teams they’ve lost to, and look at the scores and quickly realize that they are solid.  It would be interesting to know what Clay’s record would be had they played those same games.  The Bulldogs have two quality wins over Jo Byrns and Cornersville, but there’s a good chance that Westmoreland will be the best team they’ve met yet.  This one is gonna be Homecoming in Celina which typically brings distractions, but the Dawgs have won their last two Homecoming games over Gville, and then Westmoreland in a dramatic fashion last year.  I’m looking forward to this one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boarhog said:

This one’s gonna be a great game.  Westmoreland is a solid team.  I don’t care if they’re winless or not, they’re good.  You look at the 5 teams they’ve lost to, and look at the scores and quickly realize that they are solid.  It would be interesting to know what Clay’s record would be had they played those same games.  The Bulldogs have two quality wins over Jo Byrns and Cornersville, but there’s a good chance that Westmoreland will be the best team they’ve met yet.  This one is gonna be Homecoming in Celina which typically brings distractions, but the Dawgs have won their last two Homecoming games over Gville, and then Westmoreland in a dramatic fashion last year.  I’m looking forward to this one.

Are you serious? Worried about a winless team and yall are undefeated? Wow

6 hours ago, Boarhog said:

Not worried about ‘em Postman just stating that they’re better than their record advertises.  Overlooking ‘em would be a mistake.  As for Monterey, they wouldn’t play us this year when they moved up to 2A.  I don’t know why, they’d beaten us regularly as of late.

Monterey wouldn't play Gville either, but they scheduled Pickett...Go figure.

I saw somewhere that Grant Strong is playing. Is that right? What number is he?

40 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

Monterey wouldn't play Gville either, but they scheduled Pickett...Go figure.

I saw somewhere that Grant Strong is playing. Is that right? What number is he?

Yeah, he decided to come out after the first game.  Wasn’t allowed to dress for the second game and then started at Cornersville after the early bye week.  Has 3 TD catches in the two games he’s played.  Wears 23.  Spivey and Smith, two other of the state champs from March, came out the week before Strong did.  They’ve immediately made an impact too.  Three seniors who are playing their first high school football, but excellent athletes.  They’ve been a nice addition.

As we enter the second half it's time to turn it on. Our boys should have a chip on their shoulder and honestly should be down right pissed off. 4 games this season they have had in their hand and they didn't let them slip they handed it to the other team.... Its time to play with some intensity and like we have something to prove, which by the way we do!!! Defense has played really well this year, and the offense has moved the ball its just like we can't help but shoot our self in the foot when we get close to the end zone. Either way this week is going to tell a lot about who we are and what the second half of the season is going to look like for the Eagles. 

7 minutes ago, GBO52 said:

As we enter the second half it's time to turn it on. Our boys should have a chip on their shoulder and honestly should be down right pissed off. 4 games this season they have had in their hand and they didn't let them slip they handed it to the other team.... Its time to play with some intensity and like we have something to prove, which by the way we do!!! Defense has played really well this year, and the offense has moved the ball its just like we can't help but shoot our self in the foot when we get close to the end zone. Either way this week is going to tell a lot about who we are and what the second half of the season is going to look like for the Eagles. 

I agree. Also we need to stop the personal fouls that helped Macon and TC get their go ahead TDs. 

• Upvote 1