Battle for first in Region 1-6A: Jeff County at Dobyns-Bennett

TribalEmpire

38 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

So usually it gets to the point of hurling personal insults when you've lost the argument. But you're coming in late because you lost the argument about 10 post ago when you tried to say DB has a good defensive backfield. lol

So what can they do better in coverage to keep them from getting run by?

2 minutes ago, FilmCzar said:

So what can they do better in coverage to keep them from getting run by?

You can't stand in place 10 yards off the receiver and let the guy run to you before you move. He gets 5 yards by you every time.  If he's faster than you that turns into 10 yards wide open down the field. That's just one thing. It really goes all the way back to little leagues and middle school having really bad coaching. It has to be the system when you go 20 plus years without a good defensive backfield. Even in 2012 when DB had two defensive backs sign with a Div. 1 team. Those two players were just naturally gifted. Actually they probably would of been better without any coaching at all.

4 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Greeneville is averaging 58 points per game, DB held them to 35.     As Einstein said in 1905, "It's all relative..."    (Hmmm, come to think of it, in 1919 Einstein married a relative, his cousin Elsa...    Maybe that is what he meant by the Theory of Relativity...)

Again, it's not "pretty good" when you give up 35. Greeneville averaging 58 has squat to do with it, because they got that average by burying some really bad opponents, except for Central, Elizabethton and D-B. Knox Central and Elizabethton "held" them to 42, but I guarantee you that no one from Central or Elizabethton thinks they did a "pretty good" job.

6 hours ago, FilmCzar said:

Tell me what DB should be doing better schematically in their defensive backfield rather than stating "they've got people runnnin' behind them, come on coach" with your Eastman Plant shirt on in the fourth row with your tobacco lip full.

First and foremost, DB needs more and better athletes in the skill positions. The didn’t really have them last year, and they don’t have them this year.

Secondly, they need to get more pressure from up front. 

Edited by rolltriberoll
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, rolltriberoll said:

First and foremost, DB needs more and better athletes in the skill positions. The didn’t really have them last year, and they don’t have them this year.

Secondly, they need to get more pressure from up front. 

They had them last year. But you won't have them every year unless you're building them. At DB they have to wait until a good group just shows up. At Maryville, Greeneville and Elizabethton they build them. umm, maybe that's why they all have multiple state championships. 

1 minute ago, 1OldPatriot said:

They never adjusted last Friday. Jeff could have completed the out route anytime they wanted it.

You are 100% correct. The guys sitting beside me kept pointing that out and I'm pretty sure they were drunk. But no coach in the press box or on the sideline seemed to notice. 

55 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

They had them last year. But you won't have them every year unless you're building them. At DB they have to wait until a good group just shows up. At Maryville, Greeneville and Elizabethton they build them. umm, maybe that's why they all have multiple state championships. 

Incorrect. They didn’t have them at linebacker or at corner or safety. Ask anyone. They even admitted as much. DB is slow. 

you like to reference D Watson, correct? His trademarks: Athletic corners that lived on an island and blitz pressure on the QB. 

I can’t speak for what happens at Greenville or Betsy. But, I can tell you how Maryville and Alcoa do it. I live in Knoxville, and I coached several of the kids that played at those schools. Heck, Betsy had a DB transfer playing QB one year.