Polk invades Meigs. Who ya got?

Meeru

7 hours ago, Blaster7 said:

Well with the coaching it's hard to say. I guess could say balanced attack. Polk like I said has talent but the coaching isn't putting them in the position to succeed. Hopefully everyone comes out injury free. Especially you guys so y'all can make another trip to play for the good ball!!!

Appreciate that. It's a long hard road if we are talented and lucky enough to get there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yeti said:

Appreciate that. It's a long hard road if we are talented and lucky enough to get there.

It certainly is a long, hard road just to make it to the State Championship game. Meigs has a target on their back so they'll have to continue performing at their best to make it there.  Fitzgerald is a very good coach and he'll have the players believing Polk County is Peabody.   

• Like 1

On 9/27/2021 at 11:27 AM, Yeti said:

Hope you all manage a turnaround at some point. Just not this week. I looked at some of your stats. It looks like you have a do it all player in one of your kids. Had 60 yards rushing and over 100 yards receiving in one of your games. You all mostly throw the ball or run team or a mix of both?

McWilliams is a ball player. Wouldn't be surprised if he left after the yr. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TnBear said:

McWilliams is a ball player. Wouldn't be surprised if he left after the yr. 

And no one would blame him. Polk need to find the right coach or they are gonna lose what talent they do have.  But nothing will change at Polk with the administration and school board that's there now. But the people of Polk are at in their old ways. So it is what it is. After elementary school my kids will be going to Bradley county schools for middle school and high school. 

Edited by Blaster7
  • Like 1

On 10/3/2021 at 9:49 AM, Blaster7 said:

And no one would blame him. Polk need to find the right coach or they are gonna lose what talent they do have.  But nothing will change at Polk with the administration and school board that's there now. But the people of Polk are at in their old ways. So it is what it is. After elementary school my kids will be going to Bradley county schools for middle school and high school. 

Never thought I would hear you say that Blaster but I sure can understand!

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

Never thought I would hear you say that Blaster but I sure can understand!

It's sad times in Polk. They ran off one of the best coaches in my opinion in this area. Especially what he did with little talent. But that's a whole different topic. Hopefully we get the right guy soon. Only thing we can do is go and support the kids that give it their all on Friday nights but they deserve better I know that's harsh but just stating facts. 

Edited by Blaster7

3 hours ago, Blaster7 said:

It's sad times in Polk. They ran off one of the best coaches in my opinion in this area. Especially what he did with little talent. But that's a whole different topic. Hopefully we get the right guy soon. Only thing we can do is go and support the kids that give it their all on Friday nights but they deserve better I know that's harsh but just stating facts. 

Middle school team did a complete 180 from last year with a new coach. More kids, sound on both sides of the ball, very physical. Things look brighter up ahead of they can get it going. 

• Like 1