Tellico @ Marion

TheTruthPrevails

On 10/1/2021 at 8:57 PM, PurplePower68 said:

Haven't been good enough honestly. There are some who've won it that wouldn't have either. 

Rarely ever disagree with you PP68 but I believe the 08 team could have brought home the gold against a good Milan team. if they got past Alcoa. Played them as tough as anybody had up until that point minus Maryville. Shot ourselves in the foot to many times with turnovers and we should have attacked them differently on offense in that game. 09 should have been at least an appearance for the gold. That year was the beginning of the end for Troy. 

14,15,16 we just ran up against better teams in 2 of the 3 years and didn't get it done the other year. Just the way the cookie crumbles some times. 

4 hours ago, oldfaithful said:

Rarely ever disagree with you PP68 but I believe the 08 team could have brought home the gold against a good Milan team. if they got past Alcoa. Played them as tough as anybody had up until that point minus Maryville. Shot ourselves in the foot to many times with turnovers and we should have attacked them differently on offense in that game. 09 should have been at least an appearance for the gold. That year was the beginning of the end for Troy. 

14,15,16 we just ran up against better teams in 2 of the 3 years and didn't get it done the other year. Just the way the cookie crumbles some times. 

I actually forgot about the 08 team. Yes we had a very good team that year. I still watch that video from the game on YouTube every now and then.

Had to go back and check that one out again. 16-14 midway through the 4th. Heckuva game that night 

Edited by PurplePower68

3 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

I actually forgot about the 08 team. Yes we had a very good team that year. I still watch that video from the game on YouTube every now and then

It's easy to do with teams that didn't bring home the gold. But I think they are worth mentioning for sure. If Pruitt stays I think we would have seen them face off against Alcoa 3 years in a row in 06, 07, & 08. Most talent MC had seen since the 90s. We squandered it with a very bad hire. 

Depending on how this team performs for the remainder of the year, maybe Dale couldn't have gotten those teams to that point. The jury is still out but this upcoming Friday will be a very good indicator if we are at 100% going into the game. I'm in the camp of still feeling uneasy about the team.  

14 minutes ago, oldfaithful said:

It's easy to do with teams that didn't bring home the gold. But I think they are worth mentioning for sure. If Pruitt stays I think we would have seen them face off against Alcoa 3 years in a row in 06, 07, & 08. Most talent MC had seen since the 90s. We squandered it with a very bad hire. 

Depending on how this team performs for the remainder of the year, maybe Dale couldn't have gotten those teams to that point. The jury is still out but this upcoming Friday will be a very good indicator if we are at 100% going into the game. I'm in the camp of still feeling uneasy about the team.  

I agree with all of this. I was like most with high expectations but there are small concerns for me. Nothing that can't be fixed with experience and coaching. It will be a tough game for sure. Win or lose it will only make us better in the long run.

• Like 1