William Blount (allowing 34.5 ppg)

Powell (allowing 19.4 ppg)

TN High (allowing 30.3 ppg)

Campbell Co (allowing 18.3 ppg)

Carter (allowing 35 ppg)

Lenoir City (allowing 31 ppg)

Knox Halls (allowing 18.75 ppg)

Oak Ridge (allowing 25 ppg)

So I will say this again. I would like to see what he could do against an actual defense. Most average teams would win 7-8 games with this schedule.

With HSFB the way it is now, if your averaging 21 points or less, that's a decent defense. Does Karns have a favorable schedule? Absolutely, but we're talking about a program that has had 1 winning season in the last 45 years. The last time they won more than 6 games, we were in the early years of the 3 class system. Ask Warren Co folk about CJ Taylor, when you have a talent like that, you give him the ball until he's asking for a breather

1 minute ago, MidTennFootball said:

With HSFB the way it is now, if your averaging 21 points or less, that's a decent defense. Does Karns have a favorable schedule? Absolutely, but we're talking about a program that has had 1 winning season in the last 45 years. The last time they won more than 6 games, we were in the early years of the 3 class system. Ask Warren Co folk about CJ Taylor, when you have a talent like that, you give him the ball until he's asking for a breather

If 21 points is the standard for a "decent defense" then Karns has played three "decent" defenses all year. He has had 388 carries. Derek Dooley would rush for 1000 yards on 388 carries. C'mon man! If Hunt gave Vaughn the ball 388 times he would rush for nearly 2000 yards against teams that actually are sound on defense.

3 minutes ago, FilmCzar said:

If 21 points is the standard for a "decent defense" then Karns has played three "decent" defenses all year. He has had 388 carries. Derek Dooley would rush for 1000 yards on 388 carries. C'mon man! If Hunt gave Vaughn the ball 388 times he would rush for nearly 2000 yards against teams that actually are sound on defense.

I don't disagree, but like I said when you have a talent like that on a team where there isn't much, you feed him until he needs air

When Oakland played Warren Co last year, they knew CJ Taylor was gonna get the ball alot, and he still put up big numbers. I imagine Bishop would do the same against good defenses, we'll find out come playoff time

Edited by MidTennFootball

Just now, MidTennFootball said:

I don't disagree, but like I said when you have a talent like that on a team where there isn't much, you feed him until he needs air

No question about that, I don't blame them at all! If I was in their shoes, I would do the same thing; however, it is important to note that he has had 388 carries. In his defense, he won't get to play 15 games like Jalen did at Beech, so his coaches know they need to feed him carries. I think it is clear that the record matters more to their coaches than anything else that has to do with the team.

1 minute ago, FilmCzar said:

No question about that, I don't blame them at all! If I was in their shoes, I would do the same thing; however, it is important to note that he has had 388 carries. In his defense, he won't get to play 15 games like Jalen did at Beech, so his coaches know they need to feed him carries. I think it is clear that the record matters more to their coaches than anything else that has to do with the team.

Karns is trying to win games. The more they give Bishop the ball, the better their chances are that they win. Doubt they care about a record that most people won't remember he set; everybody remembers who won state

Just now, MidTennFootball said:

Karns is trying to win games. The more they give Bishop the ball, the better their chances are that they win. Doubt they care about a record that most people won't remember he set; everybody remembers who won state

Right, I agree with that partially. But... they don't have a realistic chance of winning state. They likely won't make it out of the East. They would have a much better chance out of the West side of the bracket, IMO. The East is just too loaded in 5A this year. That is why I think the coaches find it so important to feed him the ball. His breaking of Jalen's record would be the legacy they leave on that school and community. In reality, and I have said this throughout most of this thread, if you look at the career span of a RB, they don't last as long. You are probably wondering why? Because of the amount of contact they see in games. It is not prudent to give this young man the ball 40 times per game and risk losing future NIL deals and NFL money, IMO. Again, that's just my two cents from the footage I have viewed.

4 minutes ago, FilmCzar said:

Right, I agree with that partially. But... they don't have a realistic chance of winning state. They likely won't make it out of the East. They would have a much better chance out of the West side of the bracket, IMO. The East is just too loaded in 5A this year. That is why I think the coaches find it so important to feed him the ball. His breaking of Jalen's record would be the legacy they leave on that school and community. In reality, and I have said this throughout most of this thread, if you look at the career span of a RB, they don't last as long. You are probably wondering why? Because of the amount of contact they see in games. It is not prudent to give this young man the ball 40 times per game and risk losing future NIL deals and NFL money, IMO. Again, that's just my two cents from the footage I have viewed.

I think you probably could have said the same of Oak Ridge last year. Bishop is never gonna have years in college (and god willing, the pros) where he gets the ball as much as he does now, so worrying about getting a bunch of touches in HS is overthinking it a little bit, IMO

1 minute ago, MidTennFootball said:

I think you probably could have said the same of Oak Ridge last year. Bishop is never gonna have years in college (and god willing, the pros) where he gets the ball as much as he does now, so worrying about getting a bunch of touches in HS is overthinking it a little bit, IMO

There is no doubt about that MidTF. If he were playing a different schedule, he probably wouldn't be carrying the ball that much now!