East TN Coaching Vacancies??

PostingGawd39

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Very interesting. I talked to a man last week that lives out near Heritage High School who's kid played for Maryville about ten years ago but should of played for Heritage. The kid played through all the youth leagues in the Maryville system growing up but went to Heritage Middle after. He told me there was one game Heritage lost and while his kid took it like a death in the family the other kids were more interested in what the concession stand had left. He told me after he watched that with his own eye's they made the decision to get away from that type environment and sent him on to Maryville at all cost. There are more kids from Heritage on Alcoa than Maryville anyway because tuition is three times higher there then Alcoa.

Lol that was a touching story. Sounds like he taught his boy to quit on his team and go to greener pastures. I'm sure he will see a lot of success in this life.

2 hours ago, edwardblake said:

I think they are lucky to have him. It's not like he forgot how to coach. A few years back I was at the Shell on Lamar Alexander parkway and picked up an issue of the Daily Times talking about how they were building a new wrestling facility at Heritage. I don't think they make football a priority at a district level down to school level. Being in the Maryville/Alcoa gravitational pull is tough.

Heritages wrestling facility was paid for by donors of the program with the exception of $3000 if I remember correctly which was given to them by the school board. Unfortunately the way it works in the county is if you want something for the kids you have to go get it yourself. Heritage middle school had a talented football program this year that won quite a few games, but when you talk to those kids parents a lot of them will tell you their kid will not be playing in high school and focusing on other sports because they do not want to play for Hammontree.