Enough about the boys lets talk about the Girls

CoachCTaylor

There are a number of new teams entering the game and one in particular (Cleveland) will be good out of the gate. Rossview will be the favorite IMO and if Coach Otero is working with them then I'd say they should win it again this year.

Cookeville has a few that I'm not sure if they're on the HS level yet, but they will be good when they are. Seymour will have 1-2 medalists, Bradley Central will have one for sure this year, Knox Halls has a new coach who will have them ready.

Edited by JSamson7

I was speaking in about girls in general no specific weight class. 

Historically, the Clarksville area schools (Clarksville, Rossview, and Northwest) have always had good teams and will be fighting for the top position this season. It will be interesting to see how Tullahoma does this season. They typically have a full line up and have two State Medalists returning. Coach Cat over at Collierville always puts together a strong team of girls from the Memphis area. 

Then in the Murfreesboro area, I know Riverdale had a full line up last year, coached a first year senior to a state title, and still returns most of their line up from last year including Morgan Sacrazecyk who I believe will come back fighting strong after falling short of State last season. I also know that Oakland had a mostly full line up and know that they continue to grow their girls program. I've heard they have around 15 girls. Siegel is going to have a full line up of girls this year lead by senior Grace Elliot. She placed 3rd last year and should place if not win her weight class. 

There are plenty of examples of teams growing their girls programs across the state which is a great thing for our sport. 

Also just for fun, I'm going to put a top 10 ranking for girls dual teams. Most of this is based on where they placed from last season in the Region and State Duals. But feel free to discuss as you'd like. 

TSSAA Girls Dual Rankings

1. Clarksville

2. Rossview

3. Northwest

4. Tullahoma

5. Independence

6. Collierville

7. Dickson County

8. Montgomery Central

9. Farragut

10. Dickson County 

Dark Horses Teams: Cleveland, Siegel.... Any Others???

On 10/9/2021 at 4:46 PM, CoachCTaylor said:

I was speaking in about girls in general no specific weight class. 

Historically, the Clarksville area schools (Clarksville, Rossview, and Northwest) have always had good teams and will be fighting for the top position this season. It will be interesting to see how Tullahoma does this season. They typically have a full line up and have two State Medalists returning. Coach Cat over at Collierville always puts together a strong team of girls from the Memphis area. 

Then in the Murfreesboro area, I know Riverdale had a full line up last year, coached a first year senior to a state title, and still returns most of their line up from last year including Morgan Sacrazecyk who I believe will come back fighting strong after falling short of State last season. I also know that Oakland had a mostly full line up and know that they continue to grow their girls program. I've heard they have around 15 girls. Siegel is going to have a full line up of girls this year lead by senior Grace Elliot. She placed 3rd last year and should place if not win her weight class. 

There are plenty of examples of teams growing their girls programs across the state which is a great thing for our sport. 

Also just for fun, I'm going to put a top 10 ranking for girls dual teams. Most of this is based on where they placed from last season in the Region and State Duals. But feel free to discuss as you'd like. 

TSSAA Girls Dual Rankings

1. Clarksville

2. Rossview

3. Northwest

4. Tullahoma

5. Independence

6. Collierville

7. Dickson County

8. Montgomery Central

9. Farragut

10. Dickson County 

Dark Horses Teams: Cleveland, Siegel.... Any Others???

Hey Coach DC is on there 2 times they also lost 3 seniors after last year. 2 of them placed 5th in the region tournament while the other won state. They only return 1 who placed 5th in the region tournament last year. 
also I think Rossview drops a little this year. Even though they have talent I think northwest takes 2 spot. 

Edited by cougars130
Update

2 hours ago, cougars130 said:

Hey Coach DC is on there 2 times they also lost 3 seniors after last year. 2 of them placed 5th in the region tournament while the other won state. They only return 1 who placed 5th in the region tournament last year. 
Mal so I think rossview drops a little this year. Even though they have talent I think northwest takes 2 spot. 

If Otero takes over at Rossview, they'll be fine. He'll automatically be one of the top girls coaches in the state IF he is over their girls program.

39 minutes ago, JSamson7 said:

If Otero takes over at Rossview, they'll be fine. He'll automatically be one of the top girls coaches in the state IF he is over their girls program.

I never said they would not be fine I just said I think they fall a little bit I do follow what goes on in the last year west region.. they have 1 returning nationally ranked wrestler from last year the team had 4 nationally ranked girls 2 seasons ago. 

Clarksville has 2 returning state qualifiers

-Ella Lina Gonzales STATE CHAMP

-Clarire Matthews 5th in State

*Caila Weatherspoon

*Madelin Allen

*Alexia Escobedo

*Lilli Cobb

rossview has 3 returning state qualifiers

-Gabby Wilkinson DNP

-Alyssa Adamo 3rd in State

-Justina Nikolao STATE CHAMP

*Caitlyn Miller

*Annalise Jetter

*Alexis Mize

*Ryann Richardson

northwest has 4 returning state qualifiers

-Roseanna Vaughn STATE CHAMP

-Katelynn Hernadez 3rd in State

-Brett Spink 4th in State

-Lily Chantler 3rd in State

*Shyanne Michalski

*Shayra Calderon

(*) WHO TO WATCH FOR

Edited by cougars130
update

7 hours ago, JSamson7 said:

Nah, I'm not doing rankings ever again. I did for 3 years and not getting into that mess. I'll stick to doing what I do now and let folks like you have fun with that.

I don’t mind doing the rankings for the girls who wrestle they deserve the same attention the boys get so yea I’ll continue to do it. Not based on coaching but based on results. Folks like you like to twist words around to make a response. Have a great day sir. 

Edited by cougars130

13 minutes ago, cougars130 said:

I don’t mind doing the rankings for the girls who wrestle they deserve the same attention the boys get so yea I’ll continue to do it. Not based on coaching but based on results. Folks like you like to twist words around to make a response. Have a great day sir. 

Sure...

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, cougars130 said:

also I think Rossview drops a little this year. Even though they have talent I think northwest takes 2 spot. 

Rossview will not take a drop. I have no dog in the fight, but I can tell you that they are going to be very tough.