Best Stadium / Eatery Duo in the State

Czar

23 hours ago, HTV said:

Best Cuban in East Tennessee, and it's not even close.  

Red Beans and Rice with pork, beef or chicken next level.  All their sandwiches are delicious.  Last year I took my conceal and carry class at Gunnys.  During our lunch break I went to Aroma Cafe and ate their Philly Cheese Steak sandwich.  It was one of the best Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches I've ever eaten. 

7 minutes ago, REBELRON said:

Red Beans and Rice with pork, beef or chicken next level.  All their sandwiches are delicious.  Last year I took my conceal and carry class at Gunnys.  During our lunch break I went to Aroma Cafe and ate their Philly Cheese Steak sandwich.  It was one of the best Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches I've ever eaten. 

I work about 1/2 mile from there gonna go try it.I love PCS!

Just now, orngnblk said:

I work about 1/2 mile from there gonna go try it.I love PCS!

I love Cuban food, all the way back to my youth when we would visit my grandparents in Tampa, which had a huge Cuban community.  My grandfather worked with a lot of Cubans at one of the cigar factories, so my grandparents knew all of the best Cuban places.  

Aroma really is the best Cuban in East Tennessee, bar none.  We've tried most of them at one time or another and none of them come close to Aroma.  Good people there, too.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, REBELRON said:

We ate at the Aroma Cafe several years ago. The Cuban was excellent. Is Jamaica Sunrise still there too? We've ate there a couple of times as well. 

1 minute ago, JDHoss said:

We ate at the Aroma Cafe several years ago. The Cuban was excellent. Is Jamaica Sunrise still there too? We've ate there a couple of times as well. 

Rocky's Jamaican moved from the drive thru location on Broadway to a sit down place at the bottom of the hill from downtown, across from The Shrimp Dock. 

Frankly, since they moved it's not as good and the prices have skyrocketed, partly because he moved right at the beginning of the pandemic plus his overhead took a huge upswing.  Wish he had stayed put where he was.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Where is everyone eating this week? I am thinking about hitting up Wild Wing Cafe tonight before Catholic v Powell. I am also going to AC v Bearden tomorrow night and will probably eat at Double Dogs. Can't wait for another awesome week of high school ball!

38 minutes ago, FilmCzar said:

Where is everyone eating this week? I am thinking about hitting up Wild Wing Cafe tonight before Catholic v Powell. I am also going to AC v Bearden tomorrow night and will probably eat at Double Dogs. Can't wait for another awesome week of high school ball!

What happened to Carter/SD? Dude(ette) you are something else. Don’t you have a kid  and “almost family” playing for OR? Why would you not go and support your own kid? You out there Filmy.

Just now, KnoxVil said:

What happened to Carter/SD? Dude(ette) you are something else. Don’t you have a kid  and “almost family” playing for OR? Why would you not go and support your own kid? You out there Filmy.

I love HS athletics and like to support a lot of area high schools. Although, I do have some close to me that battle every Friday for the Wildcats of Blankenship Field. However, their season at this point is a wash. Some adjustments will need to be made in order to have more success in the future. What games are you going to Knox? Where do you plan to eat? Let's keep this thread on track, buddy. 

1 minute ago, KnoxVil said:

Well, tonight my wife laid out some cubed steak that she will probably fry up. She don’t want me frying anything, that’s for sure. Tomorrow I am gonna head out and watch Fulton and Farragut. Probably eat at the house before heading over. 

Understand that. What's your predicted final for FHS v FHS?