Dyer County @ Covington

CHARGERFAN

Dyer County will visit Covington on Oct. 15. That will be senior night for the Chargers. DC will be the third 5A team Covington has played (Munford and Brighton are the others). 

Dyer County comes in at 4-3 with an open date the previous week to prepare for this one. As far as common opponents, DC lost to Dyersburg 53-7 and lost to Munford 51-25. Covington lost to Dyersburg 29-22 and defeated Munford 41-8. 

Sonny-Moore predicts Covington by 22 and Massey has it Covington 36, Dyer County 16.

I want to see our seniors go out on a happy note. I predict a Charger win here.

7 minutes ago, stacmot said:

I predict a Charger victory as well.  Heck, 3A Covington could practically win the 8-5A region with a victory Friday night.  Lol

Say, I had not thought of that. Memphis Central leads in Region 8-5A, but you are correct because Munford, Dyer County, and Brighton rank 2, 3 and 4 in that Region. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

We had better get ready for adverse weather for this game. Long-range weather shows a low Friday night around 50, with a 50% chance of showers. We had better get our rain gear and warm clothing out.

Hey finally a game where I don't wear shorts and flip-flops, only took until week 8. Is it just me or were we in letter jackets by week 5 20+ years ago? I feel like the last half of the season was always jacket weather. 

However, I remember a few years back, I was in shorts and flip-flops late in the season and by playoffs (a few weeks later), I was in all out Bibs with a portable propane heater. Tennessee weather!

3 hours ago, 00Chargers said:

Hey finally a game where I don't wear shorts and flip-flops, only took until week 8. Is it just me or were we in letter jackets by week 5 20+ years ago? I feel like the last half of the season was always jacket weather. 

However, I remember a few years back, I was in shorts and flip-flops late in the season and by playoffs (a few weeks later), I was in all out Bibs with a portable propane heater. Tennessee weather!

Propane heater. Was that the playoff game at Melrose, or one at South Gibson? I remember that it was cold for both of those. I remember one playoff game at Dyersburg 25 or 30 years ago (could have been 1994) when it was snowing during the game.