Meigs vs Tyner

Meeru

5 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

Depends on the mindset of the Rams after that loss. 

Agree 100%,  Rams need something positive to happen early in this game or it will go like most are saying - a big Meigs win,  i think the Tyner kids are resilient and will battle.  Not sure Meigs has played anybody like us yet - but if they are truly the best team in 2A (not Westview/Marion/TC??) then it will be a long night.  Need a great week of practice and to learn from our mistakes.  Being on fall break this week - not sure if good or bad for these kids.  Go Rams!!

15 minutes ago, Ram4Life said:

Agree 100%,  Rams need something positive to happen early in this game or it will go like most are saying - a big Meigs win,  i think the Tyner kids are resilient and will battle.  Not sure Meigs has played anybody like us yet - but if they are truly the best team in 2A (not Westview/Marion/TC??) then it will be a long night.  Need a great week of practice and to learn from our mistakes.  Being on fall break this week - not sure if good or bad for these kids.  Go Rams!!

Honestly I wouldn't like being out of the normal routine of school and practice. I do believe it helps you guys having played us the week before this game. There's not as much of a shock factor with the physical aspect that Meigs will show. I'm planning on going to this one. 

1 hour ago, Ram4Life said:

Agree 100%,  Rams need something positive to happen early in this game or it will go like most are saying - a big Meigs win,  i think the Tyner kids are resilient and will battle.  Not sure Meigs has played anybody like us yet - but if they are truly the best team in 2A (not Westview/Marion/TC??) then it will be a long night.  Need a great week of practice and to learn from our mistakes.  Being on fall break this week - not sure if good or bad for these kids.  Go Meigs!!

I'd say you are spot on with the assessment that we haven't played a team like yours yet. One of the things that comes with success like Meigs has had over the last few years is that we get everyone's best most of the time. I expect Tyner to challenge us at every position nearly. On the flip side of that I doubt you have played a team that has the ability to throw and run like Meigs has. Our defense isn't half bad either. That said I fully expect the best Tyner has to offer as no one likes back 2 back losses. Look forward to having you at our field again sir.

1 hour ago, PurplePower68 said:

Honestly I wouldn't like being out of the normal routine of school and practice. I do believe it helps you guys having played us the week before this game. There's not as much of a shock factor with the physical aspect that Meigs will show. I'm planning on going to this one. 

We are out of school this week as well. And I agree playing a game like they just did will help improve any spots that are normally exposed. Look forward to having you. 

2 hours ago, Yeti said:

Thread is way too quite considering the importance of this game. If Tyner or Meigs loses, they are looking at probably a 3rd seeding in the playoffs and a likely first round trip to H20 unless they bump off Trousdale again.

Definitely a big game in the Region between two good teams. Coach Fitzgerald and the staff do a great job of keeping the players focused. Their approach to every game is that it's a crucial game where they have to play optimal football to win the game - regardless of the team they're playing.  

1 hour ago, blitzinbuc said:

Definitely a big game in the Region between two good teams. Coach Fitzgerald and the staff do a great job of keeping the players focused. Their approach to every game is that it's a crucial game where they have to play optimal football to win the game - regardless of the team they're playing.  

Yes. I fully expect the Intensity this game that we are used to seeing vs a ranked or region opponent.

1 hour ago, H2Oman said:

Call me crazy, but I have a feeling Tyner is going to give Meigs all they want this week. 

I'm sure you are right man. Tyner is a good team and we expect their best. I would suggest peoplegrab some popcorn because there should be a great show in Decatur Friday between the teams. :thumb: Truth is it will be nice to see us open the playbook some. Alot of teams as of late have stacked the line and we still ran it at them. Will be nice to see some of the money plays this year.