Whitwell (1-1)

Sale Creek (1-1)

Lookout Valley (0-1)

Region 4

Clay County (2-0)

Gordonsville (1-0)

Jo Byrns (1-2)

Red Boiling Springs (0-2)

Assuming everything goes chalk (Clay County-Gordonsville is a toss up), that creates the following standings:

Region 3

South Pittsburg (4-0)

Whitwell (2-1) (COVID no-contest included)

Sale Creek (2-2) (Head to Head over Copper Basin)

Copper Basin (2-2) (COVID no-contest included)

Lookout Valley (0-3) (COVID no-contest included)

Region 4

Clay County/Gordonsville (3-0)

Gordonsville/Clay County (2-1)

Jo Byrns (1-2)

Red Boiling Springs (0-3)

That leaves a bracket like this:

#4 Red Boiling Springs @ #1 South Pittsburg

#3 Sale Creek @ #2 Gordonsville/Clay County

#4 Copper Basin @ #1 Clay County/Gordonsville

#3 Jo Byrns @ #2 Whitwell

How does everyone see this bracket playing out and who travels to Coalfield on Black Friday?

Edited by OldTownRoad

I'm thinking this:

Region 3

1. SP

*2. Whitwell 

*3. Sale Creek

*4. Copper Basin

* If Whitwell beats Basin.

** If Basin defeats Whitwell there will be a log jam at 2-2 in region play for each. 3 way tie.  =   Sale Creek would get the 2 seed via the 1st tie breaker (overall wins with 5) with victories over Lookout Valley and Cosby and Basin would get 3rd for head to head over Whitwell. 

Region 4

1. Gville

2. Clay Co

3. Jo Byrns

4. RBS

I think GV takes care of Clay for this region championship.  We will see the runnerup of this region in the 2nd round.  

7 hours ago, powerp said:

I would agree. I don’t think SP will have too much problem with first round…but rounds 2 and on won’t be as easy as in the past.

It would be a major upset if RBS wins at South Pitt to say the least. Clay County was up 35-0 in the first quarter, despite having to punt on the first possession of offense and having three punt return touchdowns called back for holding or a blocking in the back. I do think Jo Byrns will go to Whitwell or Sale Creek (which is a much better drive than going to Copper Basin) and win, earning a trip to Clay County or Gordonsville in Round 2. 

Clay County or Gordonsville could host three playoff games this year with a little assistance from the other in round 2. South Pitt will definitely have a hard road by being guaranteed to have to go through both Gordonsville and Clay County to get to the semifinals, even though it would be at home, where as the winner of Clay County/Gordonsville would have two very winnable games to start the playoffs.