EAST ROBERTSON AT FORREST 2021

GeneralForrest

18 hours ago, Poundtherock23 said:

Forrest wins this one easily, coaching has been and will be the biggest issue at East ever since the D1 Groves has been there. I will say this with 100% confidence. In about 2-3 years East will be one of, if not, the most talented teams in Robertson county if the private schools don’t pick them apart. Now if  the coaching could get fixed…..

How ya figure? Heard the middle school had a decent team this year. 

5 hours ago, CCLHL08 said:

How ya figure? Heard the middle school had a decent team this year. 

Baseball. East has one of the best baseball programs in the mid-state. They’ve had several younger kids, kids that are in middle school and freshmen now, move form other school zones to go to East to play baseball. Most of those kids also play football, and are pretty talented athletes all around. Hence in a couple of years they should have plenty of talent if the coaching can figure it out. I’m no East homer, I’m a Springfield guy and wish a lot of those kids would be in our system but I get it gotta to what’s best for you and Springfield’s baseball program is horrid.

Edited by Poundtherock23

On 10/16/2021 at 5:48 PM, Poundtherock23 said:

Forrest wins this one easily, coaching has been and will be the biggest issue at East ever since the D1 Groves has been there. I will say this with 100% confidence. In about 2-3 years East will be one of, if not, the most talented teams in Robertson county if the private schools don’t pick them apart. Now if  the coaching could get fixed…..

They will have as good of talent as the Jackets 

On 10/16/2021 at 1:29 PM, GeneralForrest said:

Four meetings since 2015. All won by Forrest. Combined score of 141-41

- Is ER any good?
- Forrest only scored 10 points last year in a 10-0 win. Surely they can score more than 10 this year, right?
- How many Groves are there and are they good, not just potentially, but with results this season. 

Forrest wins easy... Ive said it from day one and I still say it I don't buy the Groves hype. He has size, and he is quick but we have seen several players this year better then him. He's scared of contact, I don't see how he will make it in Division 1 football... Both the younger Groves are good players and I say are going to be better then the older one.... 

49 minutes ago, GBO52 said:

Forrest wins easy... Ive said it from day one and I still say it I don't buy the Groves hype. He has size, and he is quick but we have seen several players this year better then him. He's scared of contact, I don't see how he will make it in Division 1 football... Both the younger Groves are good players and I say are going to be better then the older one.... 

He hasn't statistically impressed me either in our 3 meetings with ER but I do like our chances a lot better if he sits this one out. I don't expect a blowout in this game like many are predicting. Forrest would likely have the same record and the same point differential if it had played the same schedule as ER.  The 2021 ER team looks much improved over last season's team and the game was only 10-0. 

19 minutes ago, Salem said:

He hasn't statistically impressed me either in our 3 meetings with ER but I do like our chances a lot better if he sits this one out. I don't expect a blowout in this game like many are predicting. Forrest would likely have the same record and the same point differential if it had played the same schedule as ER.  The 2021 ER team looks much improved over last season's team and the game was only 10-0. 

in 2017 he got helicoptered by Burton and he wanted no part of any contact after that. Before that he looked like Lamar Jackson. He also has a head on collision with McClendon on their first drive. Forrest hit him early and hard repeatedly. I think he wants no part of the Rockets. Part psychological part "too much at stake"

26 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

in 2017 he got helicoptered by Burton and he wanted no part of any contact after that. Before that he looked like Lamar Jackson. He also has a head on collision with McClendon on their first drive. Forrest hit him early and hard repeatedly. I think he wants no part of the Rockets. Part psychological part "too much at stake"

2019 is when he jumped and was about to intercept a deep pass over the middle when Sweeney took his legs out on an offensive pass interference call. I'm sure his SEC life flashed before his eyes as he cartwheeled back to earth. My personal advice would be to shut it down this season, go see Lane Kiffen on the weekends, and get ready for some basketball with your brother/ cousin in a few weeks. 

30 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

Forrest is better than last year also. On both sides. I'll say 1 big play per half for ER, and their D looks pretty good so something like 27- 13 for Forrest 

IMO, only thing better this season is defense. Good news is at times we've had 6 sophomores on the field on that side of the ball and will only lose a handful of starters next year. The defense/ special teams have set the offense up multiple times this year for scores. Richland exposed some major offensive line issues last Friday. We still don't have a passing TD from QB after week 8. Tight ends haven't caught a single pass this year. We are fortunate to be even or better this year after losing Hill, Kirby, and Follis. 

17 minutes ago, Salem said:

2019 is when he jumped and was about to intercept a deep pass over the middle when Sweeney took his legs out on an offensive pass interference call.

you are correct, my fault 

17 minutes ago, Salem said:

IMO, only thing better this season is defense.

on paper we have beaten two teams we lost to last year, Moore and cascade, I was surprised that our points per game is very close actually thru 8 games.  17.9 last year (i didnt count 1-0 Summertown covid win) and 19.3 this year.   i guess it just FEELS like we are better

Edited by GeneralForrest

41 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

6 degrees of Kevin Bacon question for @TCRadioand @H2Oman  How good is Westy. They seemed to play you guys both tough (16-7 TC and 6-0 H2O). They only beat ER 9-6!  

Didn't play too hot against ER, couldn't keep our feet and fumbled the snap several times....... Played good against TC but shot ourselves in the foot multiple times with flags. Played terrible against Watertown on offense but I blame that strictly on play calling, if we had our head coach I think we win the H20 game but also they didn't play good at all against us either.... Our record doesn't hold too true to how good/bad we are but we shoulda beat portland, and macon too! Shoulda, woulda, coulda though!

Just now, GBO52 said:

Didn't play too hot against ER, couldn't keep our feet and fumbled the snap several times....... Played good against TC but shot ourselves in the foot multiple times with flags. Played terrible against Watertown on offense but I blame that strictly on play calling, if we had our head coach I think we win the H20 game but also they didn't play good at all against us either.... Our record doesn't hold too true to how good/bad we are but we shoulda beat portland, and macon too! Shoulda, woulda, coulda though!

i am assuming you are a westy fan, you've always had tough physical teams. whats ur take on ER