EAST ROBERTSON AT FORREST 2021

GeneralForrest

3 hours ago, Mottomotto said:

I know last year neither team got over 130 total yards, I think y’all are stronger at a lot of positions except qb. Without Kirby I don’t know if Forrest wins that’s game last year

We started 3 seniors at running back last year and they all averaged 3 yards or less a carry for the season. So Kirby had to carry the load. Most of the top runners this year were on the team riding the bench. #2 had some carries. #1, 6, and 9 were not used. Our offensive problems go beyond just X's and O's. 

5 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

ugh. sounds awful. and a lot like 2020. our offense is better this year isnt it?

I don't think there's any difference.  Our running backs are better but we can't throw as well. Two completely different skill sets from the QB and we have no idea how to tweak the offense to his strength. Our defense and special teams have set the offense up many times and  scored on their own against Summertown and Cascade. The complete lack of improvement and ability to adjust are frustrating. 

3 minutes ago, Salem said:

I don't think there's any difference.  Our running backs are better but we can't throw as well. Two completely different skill sets from the QB and we have no idea how to tweak the offense to his strength. Our defense and special teams have set the offense up many times and  scored on their own against Summertown and Cascade. The complete lack of improvement and ability to adjust are frustrating. 

why is our offensive coaching so incompetent. id love for @LeroyBrownto step in

Rockets waste 1st possession with nothing exciting at all. One pass was tipped and almost picked off. 1 first down, then a horrific call on 3rd and 5 that had zero chance. Taylor Groves is in the game as ER takes over. Their first pass is caught by a different Groves and ER as at midfield already. The Forrest 44 after a Forrest offsides. 1st and 5