The Real Lewis Co. @ Riverside Thread

@38320

58 minutes ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Going from a 7-1 record and just outside of the top 10 to a possible 9-1 record or even, maybe an 8-2 record. However, we are now looking at a 7-4 record with another first round playoff exit. 

Hate to say it because I was soooo pulling for Hohenwald but I just don’t even see them showing up next Friday. Not being able to play Richland in the first round is going to make things tough on them getting past the first round.

Guess we are going to have to wait four weeks for the Riverside/Chapel Hill match up.

No reply. 

Edited by @38320

i’m thinking this game will be more fun to watch than you might think.  lc fights hard every game, but it comes down to play calling and taking advantage of mistakes and that’s something we couldn’t do the other night against stown. defense played lights out with only 3 plays the whole game that were big, 1 a reverse 2 a big qb draw for a first down right before half 3 a td that the entire summertown offense moved before the ball was snapped and still didn’t get called back. defense came up with an int late in the game and the offense couldn’t make anything happen with it. would be nice to see a complete game with both sides of the ball playing hard and we might have a fun one to watch in riverside. 

4 hours ago, lcpanthers0 said:

i’m thinking this game will be more fun to watch than you might think.  lc fights hard every game, but it comes down to play calling and taking advantage of mistakes and that’s something we couldn’t do the other night against stown. defense played lights out with only 3 plays the whole game that were big, 1 a reverse 2 a big qb draw for a first down right before half 3 a td that the entire summertown offense moved before the ball was snapped and still didn’t get called back. defense came up with an int late in the game and the offense couldn’t make anything happen with it. would be nice to see a complete game with both sides of the ball playing hard and we might have a fun one to watch in riverside. 

I think you are right. LC v. RHS is always a good battle and I don't see anything less this year. I hope ya'll bring a crowd. Our baseball team is having a chili supper in the jr. high lunchroom next to the field - $6. Get over here a little early and eat some chili while you are missing senior night activities. 

3 hours ago, @38320 said:

A couple of years ago, Riverside was playing Peabody in the semi-final at Riverside's swamp. Several Lewis Co. fans came over and cheered like heck for our boys. There were a couple of Lewis Co. loggers that just about got in a fight with a group from Peabody. 

always a very good atmosphere at lc vs rhs games and i think both squads will bring it come friday night.

Friday can’t get here soon enough. Riverside will b favored but in this little rivalry who knows. Ik Lewis has expanded their offense this year bc RHS has bounced them out last three years playing good assignment defense against the run. Ik this isn’t the playoffs yet but region champions is on the line and I expect LC with their new look, come  in with their best game 

2 hours ago, pcwoody said:

This game is quite the rivalry.  Both programs have a proud history and you can usually throw out the record book.  RHS probably wins this one but pulling for my hometown team. 

Woody, you can go ahead and take out that adverb "probability" on this one. However, I am pulling for them well. Though highly unlikely, if they win they will most likely play Richland in the first and pick up a weak team for the second round. I'd like to see them make it to the third round!

On 11/7/2020 at 5:28 PM, Trollin said:

Yes and Lewis is now 11-0 this year.

The 2 best teams they have played this year are Riverside and Forrest. They only beat Riverside 8-7 and Forrest 7-0.

The 9 other teams they have played have a losing record for a total of 26 wins and 67 losses for the 2020 season.

IMO a team has to schedule tougher non region opponents to make themselves better and battle tested in order to make deep runs in the playoffs. 

I think Riverside gets the W. 

Same song and dance, just different year. Swapped Forrest with Summertown and wahla, have a loss this time.

Riverside gonna get the W this year as well. And, I agree with the scheduling comment, although they did schedule Fayetteville.

On 11/8/2020 at 8:18 AM, Trollin said:

Lol you are a cry baby. At least Waverly schedules tough non region opponents to make themselves better instead of worrying about being regular season paper champions. Waverly has a weak Region no doubt! Not as weak as Region 5 is! But at least we have won our Region 6 years in a row and made it to 2nd Rd 2x Quarter Finals 1x and Semi Final 2x in the past 5 years.

You want to talk about comparing scores??? You beat Riverside by 1 point! Only scored 1 TD against Riverside and Forrest (the only decent teams you have played!) You seen our 21-0 Riverside score... and I promise you we will score more than 7 against Forrest. 

Ive told you before, until Lewis proves themselves and gets past Riverside in the second round... you don’t have a leg to stand on! So go focus on doing that... then come talk to me 

If they lose to Riverside tonight, look for another district realignment. That is going to make two losses in a row to them back to back and this one is going to cost the region championship. Things gotta change because of that. Bet Riverside will be swapped out with Richland LOL. Of all the crazy things, RS will prolly be placed in the region with Chapel Hill.

On 11/8/2020 at 8:23 AM, Trollin said:

Don’t get sensitive man, Lewis is 11-0. That’s awesome but Lewis opponents are weak. Waverly would be 11-0 with that schedule too. All I’m saying is Lewis hasn’t earned any respect since 2013 and before. Lewis is in a slump regardless of what their regular season record is. If Lewis makes it to the Quarters I will respect that they are a good team. And if they make it to the semis, that’s saying something. It’s not your fault, Lewis scheduled weak teams. You are just the one acting like they earned something when they haven’t yet. 

What's so funny is just about anybody would be 11-0 with their traditional schedule!!!

On 11/13/2020 at 9:11 PM, Trollin said:

Called it :bored:

Congrats Riverside!

At least y’all went 10-0 and won the Region @ddaddy

LOL Yeah, regular season paper champions. But, we gotta hear 10-0 bla bla bla but not this year. More like 7-4!

On 11/13/2020 at 9:49 PM, WingT08 said:

Paper champs strike again!

For sure last year!

On 11/13/2020 at 10:15 PM, Pizzpatriot2 said:

How many years does this make regular season paper champions?  If the only thing the town has to rally around a fake program, there is/are major problems down there!

All they have to do is beat Riverside Friday and they get to claim it again. The region championship seems to always boil down to only having to beat one decent to mediocre team each year!

On 11/13/2020 at 10:20 PM, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Wont happen. Will mess up being 8-2, 9-1 or 10-0 regular season paper champions. If that happens, the town wont have anything to rally around!

I hope the town doesn't disintegrate this year! Maybe start a weekly demolition derby contest?

On 11/13/2020 at 10:30 PM, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Regular season paper champions.. Yet again!

On 11/13/2020 at 11:40 PM, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Excuses... Would not have mattered any way. Second round of the playoffs Lewis County is always put out by the second round. That is regardless of the record too!

This year will be no exception. 

On 11/14/2020 at 7:51 PM, Pizzpatriot2 said:

This is half the reason they are always put out in the early rounds of the playoffs each and every year. But, it may be that they just never have a talented QB or WR.

Then again, if you never play anybody, the kids don’t know how to step up their game when they finally face decent competition in the playoffs?

Gotta play quality opponents to know what it is going to be like in the playoffs!

On 11/17/2020 at 1:30 PM, WingT08 said:

Back on the map of those 2nd rounders. Amirite @Pizzpatriot2??

Gonna be the same way again this year, T.

On 11/17/2020 at 1:58 PM, WingT08 said:

Andddddd thats bc we as a society are perfectly fine with average. Win that meaningless region title!  Lets pat ourselves on the back bc we beat up on teams we are better than! 

Yeah, and enjoy our yearly playoff "outing". Pun intended.

On 11/17/2020 at 3:57 PM, tradertwo said:

11-1 or 12-1 isn't average. Sharp is the reason that one and two loss seasons look easy from the outside, but everyone seems to forget that part. Using the stats provided, he's been a part of sixty plus playoff games... tell me how that is possible if you're just average.

It's simple, actually. Play a schedule of terrible teams and have a couple of buddies place you into weak regions with out of region games against terrible teams and terrible 1A teams.

On 11/17/2020 at 9:00 PM, Pizzpatriot2 said:

It is possible because Lewis County doesn’t play anybody. When they have actually been placed in a competitive region, the program has been exposed. Another poster commented and posted all of these teams they played over the past decade alluding to how good the competition was. What he did not post was the W/L record against those teams. Funny, because he listed 4A state champion Giles but did not state how they fared against that team or even if they played them that year.

If they want to be Regular Season Paper Champions year in and year out, that’s their prerogative.  But don’t act like it’s something more than what it is. It is what it is because they don’t play anyone during the regular season and thus when they do face a semblance of competition by the second round, they are always put out.

Same song and dance. Just a different year.

On 11/18/2020 at 10:46 AM, WingT08 said:

Average is just beating everyone you are suppose to and never winning a championship. 

Again, same song and dance.

On 11/20/2020 at 10:14 AM, WingT08 said:

LC will lose maybe one game in their trash region next year and get bounced in the 2nd round again next year. Also you said semifinals and finals teams for them....they have never been to the finals and I think the semifinals once. 

I do believe you are correct, T. Looks like they have their one loss coming Friday night, just as you called it 11 months ago. Will face a weak opponent in the first round then I bet bounced by the second. 

On 11/20/2020 at 10:26 AM, GeneralForrest said:

i cant believe people are moving to the page fan';s side on this. it's a ludicrous argument, lewis county has 5 running toilets and they are a legit top 10 team in 2A most every year.  

Not this year, General. I am willing to bet they don't begin next season ranked either. The word is out that they are a "fake" team. That's why they haven't been ranked since what, the first week or two of the season?

On 11/21/2020 at 3:48 PM, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Why not just schedule decent competition during the regular season?

I will answer my own question. That answer is simple, if they do, they will not have an inflated W/L ratio.

These posts are from the playoff game 11 months ago against, who else, Riverside. Don't get me wrong, I am for Hohenwald but Riverside is a decent, talented team who has faced some stiff competition this season. The only real thing that has changed from 11 months ago till now is that Hohenwald scheduled Fayetteville (which would give many in 3A to 6A fits) and let Summertown (a girls basketball school) beat them. To me, last weeks Summertown is reminiscent of last years Chapel Hill game but with a different outcome. 

Same song and dance, just different year. Two weeks and those balls will be bouncing in that gym.