Greenback at Oakdale. For third and fourth place in region 2.

GFD709SHREK

I have never really pulled for greenback but i really wish you guys would have won last night. Selfishly i woukd have liked to see my os senior play another game. We took care of business with midway last night. It was fun and exciting and as this year goes in region 2 the teams were very evenly matched. I wish all the region 2 teams success in the playoffs just wish we were there too

I had to check back on this thread this morning after I cleared something up earlier this week. 

First, I will say, kudos to OZ for winning a game that I clearly said that I didn’t think they could win. OZ has been a “good not great” 1A program for several years and I thought the wheels had fell off that program from what I have read throughout the year. A friend from oz texted me last night and said those kids played their tails off to win, so I gotta give credit where it’s due.

Second, kudos to Oakdale. To go from shutting a program down to a 2 seed in this region with some serious 1A programs is something you absolutely do not see, especially not in East Tennessee. Congratulations to kids and staff.

I would say Midway went home last night and was counting their blessings for that Oakdale win. I think only playing 2 teams above .500 all year really proved to save them in the end. 

Overall, what a wild and competitive year it has been in this region. Congratulations to all playoff teams and their fan bases. I wish them all good luck moving forward. 

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Alot of you Gurus laughed at my post at the beginning of the year after I saw one game with this Coach at the helm and I said "I dont think we will make the playoffs".We were one series away from not being there with a OT win against OZ.Our program went downhill as the season progressed a sign of terrible leadership.We are in trouble!!!

Rat poison, he will kill your program. Hate to see it. Maybe it’ll change. I hope it does. 

27 minutes ago, bfl96 said:

I have never really pulled for greenback but i really wish you guys would have won last night. Selfishly i woukd have liked to see my os senior play another game. We took care of business with midway last night. It was fun and exciting and as this year goes in region 2 the teams were very evenly matched. I wish all the region 2 teams success in the playoffs just wish we were there too

Thank you and a very good post.

10 minutes ago, SuperFan1 said:

I had to check back on this thread this morning after I cleared something up earlier this week. 

First, I will say, kudos to OZ for winning a game that I clearly said that I didn’t think they could win. OZ has been a “good not great” 1A program for several years and I thought the wheels had fell off that program from what I have read throughout the year. A friend from oz texted me last night and said those kids played their tails off to win, so I gotta give credit where it’s due.

Second, kudos to Oakdale. To go from shutting a program down to a 2 seed in this region with some serious 1A programs is something you absolutely do not see, especially not in East Tennessee. Congratulations to kids and staff.

I would say Midway went home last night and was counting their blessings for that Oakdale win. I think only playing 2 teams above .500 all year really proved to save them in the end. 

Overall, what a wild and competitive year it has been in this region. Congratulations to all playoff teams and their fan bases. I wish them all good luck moving forward. 

Another good one!

1 hour ago, muskox said:

We all knew this was a terrible hire. I can not believe this is how the regular season ended. Head coach has no clue how to use the athletes he has. I've seen pee wee teams with a better offensive scheme. This is flat out embarrassing

With the talent we have,no way should have even been considered 3rd or 4th.

All starts with Casteel. He does not care about the athletic program and has told several people that are involved with the programs that over the past fee years.  We go to 4 state titles in 5 years and this is the hire you make. We have a young team with alot of potential in the next few years but it will only get worse. The bad part is this coach's job is safe as long as Casteel is still at the school