Fayetteville City hosts Eagleville to wrap up Region 5

Varo

LOL! You know that a team like Fayetteville gets little respect on the boards! Want a 15 page thread Mention South Pittsburgh and the posters will flock to it! 

To the post at hand, though, Eagleville has a pretty good team, but from all indications Fayetteville is more athletic. The Tigers need to keep focused, though. If they stumble Friday night it creates a 1st place tie in the region, and that will screw up Fayetteville's seeding for the playoffs. Tigers need to win it outright, so most playoff games will be played in the Den!

Oh...Roll Tide

18 hours ago, GaelTider said:

LOL! You know that a team like Fayetteville gets little respect on the boards! Want a 15 page thread Mention South Pittsburgh and the posters will flock to it! 

To the post at hand, though, Eagleville has a pretty good team, but from all indications Fayetteville is more athletic. The Tigers need to keep focused, though. If they stumble Friday night it creates a 1st place tie in the region, and that will screw up Fayetteville's seeding for the playoffs. Tigers need to win it outright, so most playoff games will be played in the Den!

Oh...Roll Tide

Fayetteville is locked in at 1st seed. *IF* they lose to Eagleville, they're tied with Cornersville and have the tie-breaking win. 

However, I agree wholeheartedly. Win this week and go into the playoffs strong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GeneralForrest said:

Eagleville is tough and simple. They dont have the depth or speed to compete Friday 

F- 35

E- 7

THANK YOU @GeneralForrest.  It's Friday-eve and a sad six posts on this thread. And three of them are mine.  Are there no Eagles fans to spar with?  No one to tell about the Smoked Bologna sandwiches (subject to availability) in the concession stand?  It's a sad state of affairs when there's no one to play with.  Oh well, the Tigers will take care of business tomorrow night, rain or shine, and then we can consider our next opponent after that.  Eagleville will need to play their best game if they hope to take out Dresden in the first round.  I don't think that will happen.  And speaking of smoked, ya'll should easily take care of Mt. Pleasant as well.  Forrest by 21 easy.  

17 minutes ago, Varo said:

THANK YOU @GeneralForrest.  It's Friday-eve and a sad six posts on this thread. And three of them are mine.  Are there no Eagles fans to spar with?  No one to tell about the Smoked Bologna sandwiches (subject to availability) in the concession stand?  It's a sad state of affairs when there's no one to play with.  Oh well, the Tigers will take care of business tomorrow night, rain or shine, and then we can consider our next opponent after that.  Eagleville will need to play their best game if they hope to take out Dresden in the first round.  I don't think that will happen.  And speaking of smoked, ya'll should easily take care of Mt. Pleasant as well.  Forrest by 21 easy.  

We should renew our series in high school ball. Our new schedule has produced some boring threads this season. If we beat Mt. Pleasant by 21 I will be shocked.  It's rare we score 21 points unless the defense or special teams chip in a score. Fayetteville should win 49-0 Friday rain or shine. 

City wins big.  Hopefully, the rain won't pour all night. 

It would be nice to see City/Forrest every year.  The teams match up well and fans travel for both.  Seemed we had a good thing going once City built it's football program up to full strength.  The "cycle" that many smaller school programs experience could be that one team would be rebuilding with younger players while the other is peaking which may ensure parody over the next decade, assuming everything else stays the same.  I also think the teams are already friendly rivals from the past and from some great battles in other sports.   

1 hour ago, GreatTiger said:

City wins big.  Hopefully, the rain won't pour all night. 

It would be nice to see City/Forrest every year.  The teams match up well and fans travel for both.  Seemed we had a good thing going once City built it's football program up to full strength.  The "cycle" that many smaller school programs experience could be that one team would be rebuilding with younger players while the other is peaking which may ensure parody over the next decade, assuming everything else stays the same.  I also think the teams are already friendly rivals from the past and from some great battles in other sports.   

It's a logical rivalry since they play each other in middle school every year. If we get the right coach the group of middle school kids we had this year will be special in 2-3 years.