Playoff Spots Undecided Going Into Final Week Region 5-4A

TTownFan50

Pearl Cohn and Montgomery Central playing for 2nd Place….Greenbrier and Marshall County playing for the 4 and final spot.

Winner of PC/MC gets 2nd place and loser gets 3rd place

MC beats Greenbrier and MC will get final position; but, if Greenbrier can win and Creek Wood can beat Lawrence County Greenbrier would be the 4th place team.

Lot of things in play the last week or regular season games.  What are your thoughts?

MC's defense contained #7 all night.  However, in the 3rd he had a 23 yard run and a 60 yard run in the 4th.  Centrals offense moved the ball but could not punch it in a few times.  Some untimely penalties also shot Centrals offense in the foot.  Field conditions got worse as the night went on but did not seem to affect either team.  Pearl Cohn tried to convert on 4th down 3 times and was denied.  I think Central proved they can play with just about anyone. The players are hungry and ready for the play-offs.

• Upvote 1

I kind of wonder if Pearl-Cohn would have been better losing last night and remaining in the upper bracket with Tullahoma in the playoffs. By being the 2nd place team they should have to play Hardin County in Hardin County to move on. Not saying they can't do it but they were just a fumble away from winning in Tullahoma on the 9 yard line with enough time to get the winning score. In my opinion the easier path would lie in the upper bracket as the #3 seed. I think the Firebirds will take care of business in region 6 and work hard to get back to Tullahoma but that road looks harder going through Hardin County. 

4 hours ago, Iceman76 said:

MC's defense contained #7 all night.  However, in the 3rd he had a 23 yard run and a 60 yard run in the 4th.  Centrals offense moved the ball but could not punch it in a few times.  Some untimely penalties also shot Centrals offense in the foot.  Field conditions got worse as the night went on but did not seem to affect either team.  Pearl Cohn tried to convert on 4th down 3 times and was denied.  I think Central proved they can play with just about anyone. The players are hungry and ready for the play-offs.

MC boys played hard respect from PC. Y’all had a good game plan until we switched our offense around. Good luck the rest of the way!!

3 hours ago, wornoutwildcat said:

I kind of wonder if Pearl-Cohn would have been better losing last night and remaining in the upper bracket with Tullahoma in the playoffs. By being the 2nd place team they should have to play Hardin County in Hardin County to move on. Not saying they can't do it but they were just a fumble away from winning in Tullahoma on the 9 yard line with enough time to get the winning score. In my opinion the easier path would lie in the upper bracket as the #3 seed. I think the Firebirds will take care of business in region 6 and work hard to get back to Tullahoma but that road looks harder going through Hardin County. 

We been on the road all year! Last night’s win gave us a home game in the 1st round. Much needed home last week was our first game at home all season do to rebuilding the stadium.

On 10/29/2021 at 1:02 PM, wornoutwildcat said:

We wouldn’t have it any other way especially with building the character of this sophomore lead team. No hand outs. You want to be the best you have to beat the best. Playoff time!

1 hour ago, FBfan26 said:

We wouldn’t have it any other way especially with building the character of this sophomore lead team. No hand outs. You want to be the best you have to beat the best. Playoff time!

Whichever one of us gets to go to Chattanooga and try on Greeneville will defiantly be the "best of the west" and the most battle tested team in 4A. There ain't no easy path to get through this westside bracket. Region 5-4A  was just so full of contenders it ain't been easy. It is nice to be home as long as we can take care of business too.