Final week of high school football season

CHARGERFAN

We wait all year for the high school football season to start, but then tonight, it’s already over. Where did the time go? Thankfully, my team will have a chance to advance in the playoffs. But, think of the kids who will put on their pads tonight for the last time, and will never play organized football again. They are about to become fans like the rest of us. 

My dad had a saying “You can tell when you are getting older because Christmas comes as often as you used to wish it would when you were a kid”. Does anybody else identify with how quickly time passes these days?

Anyway, as a fan of high school football, I want to thank all the players, coaches, officials, and school administrators who make it possible for us to watch this great sport.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

Great post Chargerfan! 

I do not think a lot of people understand just how much goes into getting ready to play a football game. 

Also, tonight will be the last time a bunch of kids strap it up for the last time.... it is a terrible feeling that is flooded with emotions for a lot of kids. 

^^^ This. Lots of emotions when you know you’ve played your last game!

56 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

We wait all year for the high school football season to start, but then tonight, it’s already over. Where did the time go? Thankfully, my team will have a chance to advance in the playoffs. But, think of the kids who will put on their pads tonight for the last time, and will never play organized football again. They are about to become fans like the rest of us. 

My dad had a saying “You can tell when you are getting older because Christmas comes as often as you used to wish it would when you were a kid”. Does anybody else identify with how quickly time passes these days?

Anyway, as a fan of high school football, I want to thank all the players, coaches, officials, and school administrators who make it possible for us to watch this great sport.

I can feel all of this!! My dad would tell me "the older you get the faster time goes by". Gosh was he right!! 

I can definitely remember my last game! I cried like a baby!! But football taught me so much!! 

I want to wish all the teams the best!! I want a gold ball brought back to this side of the TN River in every class regardless of who is representing!!!! I'll be routing for whoever it is!! 

Go Chargers!

Go Tomcats!!

I remember my last game like it was yesterday. It was an away game and we won. And someone paid for me and my teammates to get a Hamburger steak after the game that night. I have ate many steak dinners since that night in 1982 but none tasted that good. I have been wanting every since to pay that forward and I am about to get to.  I have been to several hundreds games since then and know what it takes to get out there and make it happen.  Good memories will carry you along way. 

6 hours ago, wornoutwildcat said:

I remember my last game like it was yesterday. It was an away game and we won. And someone paid for me and my teammates to get a Hamburger steak after the game that night. I have ate many steak dinners since that night in 1982 but none tasted that good. I have been wanting every since to pay that forward and I am about to get to.  I have been to several hundreds games since then and know what it takes to get out there and make it happen.  Good memories will carry you along way. 

Wow, that brought tears to my eyes.     No, I'm not sentimental, it's just been so long since somebody bought me a steak dinner     he-he