Greeneville vs South Doyle 1st round

BatmanDevil

I've seen much easier first round games over the years.SD is capable of playing some good football.

South Doyle Cherokees

Knoxville, TN
 Region 2 Teams Anderson CountyCarterSouth DoyleFultonGibbsScott 

2021 FOOTBALL

2021 Season 2020 Season 2019 Season 2018 Season 2017 Season 2016 Season 2015 Season 2014 Season 2013 Season 2012 Season 2011 Season 2010 Season 2009 Season 2008 Season 2007 Season 2006 Season 2005 Season 2004 Season 2003 Season 2002 Season 2001 Season 
Date   Opponent   Result
 Thu Aug. 19 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif at Oak Ridge
Rivalry Thursday

W 28-20
 Fri Aug. 27 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif #17 Grace Christian - Knoxville
W 34-27
 Fri Sep. 3 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif at Scott R

W 42-10
 Fri Sep. 10 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif at Bearden
W 26-7
 Fri Sep. 17 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif #20 Anderson County R

L 28-31
 Fri Sep. 24 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif Farragut
L 21-28
 Fri Oct. 1 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif at #17 Fulton R
W 43-21
 Thu Oct. 7 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif #14 Knox Central
Rivalry Thursday

L 23-35
 Fri Oct. 22 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif at #12 Carter R
L 38-42
 Fri Oct. 29 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif Gibbs R
W 45-7
 Fri Nov. 5 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif at #1 Greeneville
Class 4A State Playoffs First Round

Overall Record: 6-4
Region Record: 3-2
Region Schedule
© 1996-2021 COACHT.COM HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
http://img.bnqt.com/CMS/assets/brand/SMGDP/logos/USATSdp.png
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties
X

South Doyle’s coaching staff is solid. Head Coach Clark Duncan who was a generational back at Unicoi County in the mid / late 70’s is excellent. An assistant Jay Whinery is a strong coach as well. We were unable to create a permanent position for him when he coached at Greeneville. I would guess they will give us some different looks on D.

I'm just a fan of the game and leave the X's and O's to smarter folks then myself.I know all the things I worry about are most likely gone over in practice every week ,if not every day.Mistakes and playing a clean game on both sides of the ball and things like a good defense putting a bunch in the box and bringing pressure, making our guys pitch and catch in a hurry while trying to stop the run. So far,the Devils have had plenty of talent to overcome pretty much anything,but I still worry that team is out there somewhere and the Devils will have to bring their "A" game more then one time going forward.

2 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

I'm just a fan of the game and leave the X's and O's to smarter folks then myself.I know all the things I worry about are most likely gone over in practice every week ,if not every day.Mistakes and playing a clean game on both sides of the ball and things like a good defense putting a bunch in the box and bringing pressure, making our guys pitch and catch in a hurry while trying to stop the run. So far,the Devils have had plenty of talent to overcome pretty much anything,but I still worry that team is out there somewhere and the Devils will have to bring their "A" game more then one time going forward.

Greeneville should beat South Doyle. However, unlike the previous years it's not like round 1 is show up and win. South Doyle has some athletes and size and they have a good coaching staff. But I still take Greeville by 3 scores. 

South Doyle went to state semi-final last year in 5A....that was last year but they are solidly coached as noonesfool mentioned. But they had a lackluster last few games and apparently when we get to playoffs ita a new season and we start at 0 wins. South Doyle knows how to win. I expect they will need to adjust to the Gillespie/Gudger show. They played the AC pass attack rather well. I think the ground and pound did get them. They have the ability to stop Gudgar but the QB keeper combination is what they will have to stop. And it's hard to stop Gudgar all  night so SD will need to score at least 31.

Let all hope that South Doyle pulls the upset Friday for Region 2.  :o

21 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

South Doyle went to state semi-final last year in 5A....that was last year but they are solidly coached as noonesfool mentioned. But they had a lackluster last few games and apparently when we get to playoffs ita a new season and we start at 0 wins. South Doyle knows how to win. I expect they will need to adjust to the Gillespie/Gudger show. They played the AC pass attack rather well. I think the ground and pound did get them. They have the ability to stop Gudgar but the QB keeper combination is what they will have to stop. And it's hard to stop Gudgar all  night so SD will need to score at least 31.

Many have tried,none succeeded.  We would all love to see it but it ain’t happening.  Too much speed and too many weapons.

40 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Mav??? They have  to score AT LEAST 31 points. The Devil’ D has given up only 79 points in 10 games with the first team giving up about 40 points.

Sears Christmas Toy Catalog comes out next week. Look like you have already started your Christmas wish list.

• Upvote 2