Greeneville vs South Doyle 1st round

BatmanDevil

45 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

Mav??? They have  to score AT LEAST 31 points. The Devil’ D has given up only 79 points in 10 games with the first team giving up about 40 points.

Sears Christmas Toy Catalog comes out next week. Look like you have already started your Christmas wish list.

Haha funny Noonesfool but Greeneville have not played a new Region 2 team yet. I hope this one is online or televised. It might be Diamond Clear. But at any rate would like to see this one. And they did get 28 on the Mavs...

56 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Haha funny Noonesfool but Greeneville have not played a new Region 2 team yet. I hope this one is online or televised. It might be Diamond Clear. But at any rate would like to see this one. And they did get 28 on the Mavs...

No but we did beat a very good Betsy team. You made me think. So you can beat them, but we can’t. Makes sense in both wonderland and Mavland.

10 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

No but we did beat a very good Betsy team. You made me think. So you can beat them, but we can’t. Makes sense in both wonderland and Mavland.

LOL But I have seen some really weird games this year in Region 2. And when playoffs start the gloves are coming off...just kidding with you...lol this year had me scratching my head.

South Doyle is the 4 seed because region 2 ended in a 3 way tie for 2nd, 3rd and 4th. They all 3 beat each other so you go to best overall record. Fulton is 7-3 while Carter and SD are 6-4 there four Fulton got the 2 seed so then you decide between Carter and SD . Carter beat them head to head. Therefore Carter is 3rd which puts SD at 4. That's how it happened that they are the 4

In no way ,do I expect the Devils to come in unprepared and lose this game. Have I personally ever seen a first round upset,oh yes. I'm not talking about a good team like SD coming to Greeneville,I'm talking about a team that was an easy 5 plus touchdown underdog beating the number one ranked team in the state several years ago . Anyone watching that game in kingsport through the first quarter,knew McMinn county was going to lose by whatever score Dobyns Bennett wanted to win by. Injuries,penalties,rain,and something Greeneville won't do,contributed to what I thought should have been atleast a semi or finals team losing in the first round.That's one of many reasons why Batman never overlooks an opponent .By the way,what are the Devils ranked going into this game ?.Just kidding,because the only ranking that counts will come in december and you never know how you will matchup against teams from middle or west Tennessee until you play them.

1 hour ago, BatmanDevil said:

In no way ,do I expect the Devils to come in unprepared and lose this game. Have I personally ever seen a first round upset,oh yes. I'm not talking about a good team like SD coming to Greeneville,I'm talking about a team that was an easy 5 plus touchdown underdog beating the number one ranked team in the state several years ago . Anyone watching that game in kingsport through the first quarter,knew McMinn county was going to lose by whatever score Dobyns Bennett wanted to win by. Injuries,penalties,rain,and something Greeneville won't do,contributed to what I thought should have been atleast a semi or finals team losing in the first round.That's one of many reasons why Batman never overlooks an opponent .By the way,what are the Devils ranked going into this game ?.Just kidding,because the only ranking that counts will come in december and you never know how you will matchup against teams from middle or west Tennessee until you play them.

The difference is that Greeneville plays to win instead of playing not to lose.    The McMinn game was probably the poster child for that but don't forget this debacle, unfortunately it has become a pattern:

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

The difference is that Greeneville plays to win instead of playing not to lose.    The McMinn game was probably the poster child for that but don't forget this debacle, unfortunately it has become a pattern:

Mine and BVD's dad { a former star Greene Devil on the court and the track }called me at halftime to ask who DB's most likely opponent would be in the next round.He was listening because our step brother was a stud at SC years ago and dad kept up with SC after his Greene Devils or DB when I had an Indian playing.My answer was simple.This is DB and the next opponent might very well be on the basketball court.He laughed,thinking I was joking and I said I'm being serious,it's never over until it's over up here in the playoffs.He couldn't believe  this really happened when we talked after the game.How is that even possible he asked,I'll leave my answer off the ''T''.In Sevier county's defense,they did have some great athletes and it was nothing as bad as that McMinn game was in terms of the DB players being short changed on their season.Rain, penalties ,injuries and lots of things can get you beat but this is why I love it when the Devils keep pounding when the snowflakes are crying don't let the second and third team score !

2 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

Mine and BVD's dad { a former star Greene Devil on the court and the track }called me at halftime to ask who DB's most likely opponent would be in the next round.He was listening because our step brother was a stud at SC years ago and dad kept up with SC after his Greene Devils or DB when I had an Indian playing.My answer was simple.This is DB and the next opponent might very well be on the basketball court.He laughed,thinking I was joking and I said I'm being serious,it's never over until it's over up here in the playoffs.He couldn't believe  this really happened when we talked after the game.How is that even possible he asked,I'll leave my answer off the ''T''.In Sevier county's defense,they did have some great athletes and it was nothing as bad as that McMinn game was in terms of the DB players being short changed on their season.Rain, penalties ,injuries and lots of things can get you beat but this is why I love it when the Devils keep pounding when the snowflakes are crying don't let the second and third team score !

I have friends who left in the 3rd quarter, only to be shocked the next day when they saw the newspaper.       I watch that video every now and then because it is inspiring.    You know how it is, sometimes life just gets you down in one way or another, for me there is just something about watching Sevier Co overcome all odds and prevail that motivates me around life's piddly problems.          For the record, DB has probably come from behind to win a game too, this stuff all goes both ways.