Class 4A Region 1 Best Teams

hoopsfanatic

11 hours ago, noonesfool said:

Greeneville beats East pretty solid. I’m thinking the Indians are the one and only best chance for R1 to make it to sub states or states. East might be number 3 in the region and The Hill a very shaky 2.

I guess I'm more cautiously optimistic about DB's chances. They've played very well most of the season but have had some down games along the way. Just looking at the past four games they've looked really good in two and not so good in two. I rate DB and East equal so whoever brings it in that game will win. There can be no let downs from here on out. 

1 hour ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I guess I'm more cautiously optimistic about DB's chances. They've played very well most of the season but have had some down games along the way. Just looking at the past four games they've looked really good in two and not so good in two. I rate DB and East equal so whoever brings it in that game will win. There can be no let downs from here on out. 

I’m cautious as well. But you made a great point awhile back. If a starter has an off night they have 8 relatively equal players and somebody else steps up. You stated the hole in D-B’s lineup was the lack of a stud to take over a game against really good teams. I believe that point is the Achilles heel. Take your squad and Gillespie from Gtown and your in the finals. On the other hand the Devils could really use 1 of your 8 guys.

I was at Gville game last night. I thought was a good game and didnt think East played bad. Having  Dabbs out allowed Kobi to have the ball in his hands the whole game and he controlled/dominated the game. Satterfield was exceptional, too. Simpson played good hard defense on Kobi and played alot better against him this time. Cloninger is really stepping up. Ilic was unstoppable 1st quarter but dissappeared some after that. Heard he was sick and hadnt practiced all week. Gville is tourney ready. East played better but to me just seem like there a little out of sync. 

I personally cant see there being a better Hs player than Kobi right now in TN. Not saying hes better or will be better than anybody ranked above him and not talking about playing in college. But right now I'd take him over just about anybody.

So DB closes out the regular season with a 82-30 win over Gate City. I can't understand the drop off in talent over there. They usually have a decent team and the past three or four years have had one of the best teams in the area, winning a state championship and I think a state runner up. I know they have a new coach this year but theres just no talent there right now. I almost think the DB girls could beat them. 

On 2/12/2022 at 11:46 PM, WaCoJaCo said:

So DB closes out the regular season with a 82-30 win over Gate City. I can't understand the drop off in talent over there. They usually have a decent team and the past three or four years have had one of the best teams in the area, winning a state championship and I think a state runner up. I know they have a new coach this year but theres just no talent there right now. I almost think the DB girls could beat them. 

The D-B girls, the way they've played the last three games, wouldn't beat Happy Valley's girls. They looked abysmal against Science Hill and Sullivan East on back to back nights. Pretty sad. They were two minutes away from winning the conference title outright against Crockett, gave that game away and then now have to travel in the district tournament. 

Not sure what team y’all are watching but DB is 6 deep only. Player #7 is nothing but chaos when he comes in & after that the bench only gets garbage minutes. Poore is average at best & has been living off talent alone. Couldn’t get past Knoxville when he had 2 top 10 in DB history scorers plus the oldest Browder. Won’t get past Knoxville this year either & his 6 guard lineup probably won’t get past Mo East/ Sevier County. DB is however the only upper East TN team with a pulse. 

12 hours ago, gritsngravy said:

Not sure what team y’all are watching but DB is 6 deep only. Player #7 is nothing but chaos when he comes in & after that the bench only gets garbage minutes. Poore is average at best & has been living off talent alone. Couldn’t get past Knoxville when he had 2 top 10 in DB history scorers plus the oldest Browder. Won’t get past Knoxville this year either & his 6 guard lineup probably won’t get past Mo East/ Sevier County. DB is however the only upper East TN team with a pulse. 

You do know that Jefferson County beat Sevier County last night, right?

5 minutes ago, hoopsfanatic said:

I honestly dont see how Jeff beat Sevier, my 1st question was did anybody not play...all their players did. Also heard Sevier had a starter get 2 technicals and will be out for District. 

That was Jeff County's first conference win of the season too.

Their girls also beat Sevier County last night as well, and I had already conceded the region title the Sevier girls.

I saw that, too. Great night for Jeff County!!! Just goes to show you, gotta show up every night. I had seen where people where saying East & Sevier where co champions before last night. East ends up as Champion. I think this district will play out as its supposed, too. 

Boys District tourney

East Champ

Sevier runner up

West 3rd

Jeff 4th

Girls

Sevier Champ

Jeff runnner up

West 3rd

East 4th

4 hours ago, TribalEmpire said:

That was Jeff County's first conference win of the season too.

Their girls also beat Sevier County last night as well, and I had already conceded the region title the Sevier girls.

That's crazy Jeff Co beat Sevier Co..

MO-East plays at Farragut tonight, and most likely will loose their 4th game in last 6.... going into District Tournament with a hangover. 

West Ridge VS Crockett...who do you like? I go WR to win and play DB in the Dome Thursday night.