Liberty Creek (Sumner County)

mondo44

The school zone map was released today for Liberty Creek High School which is the new school opening in Sumner County in the Fall of 2022.  At first glance it appears that Beech and Station Camp will both lose a good amount of students with Beech losing the most.  The other school zone maps were not released.  Looks like Liberty Creek will have to play a JV schedule in football in 2022 as everyone’s schedules are already set.  

19 minutes ago, abo14 said:

I wonder if either existing school will lose enough to drop a classification? And if so will they have to wait until the next classification cycle?

TSSAA says that if an enrollment drops by at least 20%, then they can change classification in mid stream.  I guess that is still the case.

In my opinion Beech drops to 5A and Station Camp to 4A (they may choose to play up). Next classification numbers will be locked in next fall around the end of September. Reclassification will be for the 23-24 school year. Not sure if Sumner County schools will allow kids to stay at their current school if they want to. 

1 minute ago, mondo44 said:

In my opinion Beech drops to 5A and Station Camp to 4A (they may choose to play up). Next classification numbers will be locked in next fall around the end of September. Reclassification will be for the 23-24 school year. Not sure if Sumner County schools will allow kids to stay at their current school if they want to. 

Where can you find that map and info? 

13 hours ago, mondo44 said:

The school zone map was released today for Liberty Creek High School which is the new school opening in Sumner County in the Fall of 2022.  At first glance it appears that Beech and Station Camp will both lose a good amount of students with Beech losing the most.  The other school zone maps were not released.  Looks like Liberty Creek will have to play a JV schedule in football in 2022 as everyone’s schedules are already set.  

Where can you view 2022 schedules?