Best player in single A

WaggleRT

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marquis Weddle from Union City....He averages 27ppg....And about 5 or 6 threes a game......In the Poplar Bluff Showdown he had a total of 101 points in three games....and against Memphis East he scored all of the Tornadoes points in the 2nd quarter(25) and led them to the victory when he scored 39 his career high....

Weddle is a good ball player but he shoots probably 30 shots a game...Sep Valentine really played Weddle tough..regardless of the score but Weddle ended up getting several points late and Lake Co started fouling..He probably scores about 28 against us with about 12 to 15 coming from the free throw line...I believe Tolon Smith of Humboldt is as good as Weddle or at least pretty close..but doesn't have to shoot the ball 30 times a game

Weddle is a good ball player but he shoots probably 30 shots a game...Sep Valentine really played Weddle tough..regardless of the score but Weddle ended up getting several points late and Lake Co started fouling..He probably scores about 28 against us with about 12 to 15 coming from the free throw line...I believe Tolon Smith of Humboldt is as good as Weddle or at least pretty close..but doesn't have to shoot the ball 30 times a game

You have lost your mind.....Marquis Weddle is BY FAR the best player in the district...He is BY FAR the best shooting guard in West Tennessee and it would be a crime if he didn't win Mr.Basketball in 1A.....People at the Bolivar Hall of Fame games were talking about how good he was,some saying he was the best pure shooter they had seen..Those folks have seen some good players...He scored 101 points in The Poplar Bluff Tournament over the holidays against very stiff competiton,where UC won two out three...33 vs #3(5A)Forrest City,Ark....39 vs (6-2)Mem.East(all 25 UC points in the 2nd quarter) and 29 vs defending 5A State Champion (6-2) Poplar Bluff,Mo....He had 28-29 against Lake County and had an off night,which by the way is how you say Union City will get beat,and they beat LC 72-48...Come on now Tolon Smith?!?...Please...By the way,a good player gets to the free throw line....

You have lost your mind.....Marquis Weddle is BY FAR the best player in the district...He is BY FAR the best shooting guard in West Tennessee and it would be a crime if he didn't win Mr.Basketball in 1A.....People at the Bolivar Hall of Fame games were talking about how good he was,some saying he was the best pure shooter they had seen..Those folks have seen some good players...He scored 101 points in The Poplar Bluff Tournament over the holidays against very stiff competiton,where UC won two out three...33 vs #3(5A)Forrest City,Ark....39 vs (6-2)Mem.East(all 25 UC points in the 2nd quarter) and 29 vs defending 5A State Champion (6-2) Poplar Bluff,Mo....He had 28-29 against Lake County and had an off night,which by the way is how you say Union City will get beat,and they beat LC 72-48...Come on now Tolon Smith?!?...Please...By the way,a good player gets to the free throw line....

Now..we all know that a lot of good players have that one great game or a great tournament and everyone from the other team says..Wow..he is the best shooter I have ever seen....I believe a lot of the Bolivar people are very knowageable with their basketball as they have seen some of the best in Thaddeus Young,Wright,Oden..even thogh these are great players..I assumming you are talking about just a great shooter...If they they Weddle is the best shooter they have ever seen..they must not have seen Tony Delk.....

Oh No i remember when i was a kid Tony Delk comin down to Hardeman County and leavin a basketball size lump on everybodys head but i will say right now with the limited number of single A talent ive seen Marquis Weddle is something special he can really shoot im wondering who is after this kid someone let these colleges around here know they've got a good one up in union city

Oh No i remember when i was a kid Tony Delk comin down to Hardeman County and leavin a basketball size lump on everybodys head but i will say right now with the limited number of single A talent ive seen Marquis Weddle is something special he can really shoot im wondering who is after this kid someone let these colleges around here know they've got a good one up in union city

Toinemac..I agree with you...limited number of Single A talent..That is the key..Weddle may have a chance at Mr.Basketball because ot that fact..There are no Doaks,Webbs in Single A,at least not around here..but as far as talent..Weddle is very good..may could play at Union,Lambuth,I don't believe he could play at Memphis,Duke,Tenn..etc..The night Lake Co played Weddle..Sep Valentine was in Weddle's hip pocket and Weddle was missing everything early and when he did finally score late in the first quarter or early second quarter,Weddle pounded his chest at Sep and said something and the official warned him..It does take a lot of energy to defend Weddle,mainly thats because of the offense Union City runs and all the screens that Union City sets to free Weddle for that outside shot..That's the key to Weddle getting his points..I believe there are several players I have seen that are good as Weddle..If Demarcus Patrick from Halls had the players around him like Weddle does,he could be lighting it up...And I believeDemarcus did have close to thirty against U.C..But Demarcus doesn't have the other outside shooters to help free him up like Weddle..I still believe Tolon Smith is as good as Weddle...But..Weddle will have the stats or at least points to make a run at Mr.Basketball...kind of like Cannon Whitby..you shoot 40 times a game and you make 50 percent...that's 20 field goals or 40 points there..Add in free throws and a few of them 3 pointers and you have a lot more points..So..if Weddle is averaging 27 points a game....he must be shooting at about a 30 percent mark on the year ..But ..I guess that is good enough..because he will have the points..

Edited by mrbigster

I'm not sayin this guy is the best 1a ball player but he deserves a little recognition...

A junior from Adamsville is putting up some pretty good numbers...

Brett Jackson (post) is a great all-around basketball player. He can pass, he can rebound, he can block shots... He makes high percentage shots in the post with ease.. he can shoot from 20 feet out fairly well... and he is solid at the line. and he won't back down from anyone. Don't let his slim frame fool you.. In the few minutes Wayne Chism played in a scrimmage against Adamsville, Jackson did not back down. Middleton had no answer for him, but they shut down the rest of the Cardinals, and McNairy could not defend him...

As I have already said, he isn't the best 1a ball player, but the boy has skills... If you get a chance to see him I think you will be impressed.