TN Class of 22 D1 wrestlers

durdon

Class of 21 TN had 13 D1 guys, so far Class of 22,  we already have 7 that I’ve seen commit or sign already.  If I’ve missed anyone let me know.  This has to be one of the riches 2 year periods in TN history. Plus  Chittum may end up in this class too and so far UTC doesn’t have any TN guys on the board but I would expect that they will bring in several. High School Wrestling in TN is definitely on an upswing!  

Signed:

Garrison Dendy - Baylor - Wyoming 

David Harper - Baylor - Wyoming 

Kodiak Cannedy - Greeneville- ARK Little Rock

Trae McDaniel- Cleveland (currently at West Point Prep) - West Point 

Committed: 

Ashton Davis - Cleveland- Cornell 

Garrett Foreman - Pigeon Forge - Ark Little Rock 

Hunter Mason - Greenville - Va Tech 

Edited by durdon

21 hours ago, durdon said:

Class of 21 TN had 13 D1 guys, so far Class of 22,  we already have 7 that I’ve seen commit or sign already.  If I’ve missed anyone let me know.  This has to be one of the riches 2 year periods in TN history. Plus  Chittum may end up in this class too and so far UTC doesn’t have any TN guys on the board but I would expect that they will bring in several. High School Wrestling in TN is definitely on an upswing!  

Signed:

Committed: 

Hunter Mason - Greenville - Va Tech 

Hunter is class of 2023

updated with KV and Hunter.. 

Class of 21 TN had 13 D1 guys, so far Class of 22,  we already have 7 that I’ve seen commit or sign already.  If I’ve missed anyone let me know.  This has to be one of the riches 2 year periods in TN history. Plus  Chittum may end up in this class too and so far UTC doesn’t have any TN guys on the board but I would expect that they will bring in several. High School Wrestling in TN is definitely on an upswing!  

Signed:

Keyveon Roller - Lakeway Christian - UVA

Committed: 

Edited by durdon

Well he graduated in 2021 and wrestled 4 high school years.  Their version of red shirting.   Just like all that go to ivy league schools-and do the same thing.  On multiple wrestling publications they have Trae  listed as a signed recruit for 2021 class.  Class 2021

Edited by BQ125

2 hours ago, BQ125 said:

Well he graduated in 2021 and wrestled 4 high school years.  Their version of red shirting.   Just like all that go to ivy league schools-and do the same thing.  On multiple wrestling publications they have Trae  listed as a signed recruit for 2021 class.  Class 2021

It doesn’t really matter which class we put Trae in.  I just changed his class for accuracy. The main point of the post is the sheer number TN kids from last year and this years classes that will wrestle D1.

USMAPs, Naps and  the Air Forces prep school  are the Academies way of adding in a ‘redshirt year’ for some of their kids, but it’s not actually a redshirt year but a 13th year of HS.   It’s honestly is a pretty sweet deal, they get a great room, great coaching and they run a schedule that is almost identical to all the college Redshirts but unlike the college redshirts they get everything paid for.  But, it’s still a post Graduate Prep School 13th year as these kids are still in HS and not College, so their college eligibility clock has not started yet.

McCallie started offering Post Graduate 13th year option this year so anyone in TN that’s wants that 13th year can go there and go do college opens on their own and do National Prep without that extra year starting their NCAA Eligibility  clock.  

John Martin Best went to Air Force Prep last year, did a full college open wrestling season and decided to turn down his commission and enrolled at Maryland where he is a true Freshman now with his full eligibility left including a redshirt year. 

So that’s why  Trae is now part of the class of 22 instead of 21.  

Edited by durdon

2 hours ago, BQ125 said:

I hear what your saying Scott and i dont really care what group you put him in all i know is he graduated with your son and mine.  This is good TN has come a long way and more coming

Like i said, it doesn’t really matter.  
And kV dad just reminded me that I left Corday off too.  

I’m going to redo this list and clean it up tonight.