Semifinals: Henry County @ Page

BigRed88

Let me be on the record saying that if Coach Counce and Henry County wins this game, how in the heck can Coach Counce not be THE coach of the year regardless of classification. If he pulls off this win and gets the Patriots to the championship game it WILL BE the greatest accomplishment I may have ever seen by a head coach to lead a 5-5 regular season team to a title game. Lot of if's I know, but I'm already stoked at this teams success lately.

34 minutes ago, BigRed88 said:

Let me be on the record saying that if Coach Counce and Henry County wins this game, how in the heck can Coach Counce not be THE coach of the year regardless of classification. If he pulls off this win and gets the Patriots to the championship game it WILL BE the greatest accomplishment I may have ever seen by a head coach to lead a 5-5 regular season team to a title game. Lot of if's I know, but I'm already stoked at this teams success lately.

Livingston Academy was 5 and 5 and went on to win the state in 3A I believe. It's been several years ago. Henry County very well could repeat what they accomplished.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Livingston Academy was 5 and 5 and went on to win the state in 3A I believe. It's been several years ago. Henry County very well could repeat what they accomplished.

Oh wow that's awesome. I know these boys are playing some really good football right now. It's hard to bet against them with the momentum they have. We'll see how it turns out but however things fall it's been an unbelievable thing to watch. 

On 11/20/2021 at 10:28 AM, BigRed88 said:

Regardless Ryan Damron is one of, if not the best, QB Henry County has EVER had, and he's only a Junior!! His IQ is off the charts! Give that kid some time to throw and he WILL make you pay. I know how bad Ryan wants to make it to the title game! One step away kid! Go be GREAT!!!!

Best QB to come though HC, negative yes he has a good deep ball, IQ, he looks right where he throws the ball and throws it if the reciever there or not and his short pass are never accurate. Nothing against the kid you hav÷ your opion, Good luck Friday night. 

1 minute ago, theunknown said:

Best QB to come though HC, negative yes he has a good deep ball, IQ, he looks right where he throws the ball and throws it if the reciever there or not and his short pass are never accurate. Nothing against the kid you hav÷ your opion, Good luck Friday night. 

Hence the words one of, in front of the best. Remember, kids just a Junior he’s setting records and helped this team to round 3 his 1st year and the 4th round two times in a row. Who would you suggest take over the position….. I have time, I’ll wait……….:bored:L

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, theunknown said:

There may have been better "running" QB's at Henry County but if we are talking just as an overall QB. I will take Ryan over any of the others. That's some high praise being that we have had Marsalis Teague, Will Parrish, Calvin McNairl, Najee Ray just to name a few. Most of those guys can out run Damron yes, but idk if any can out throw. Will Parrish would be the only one in my opinion that can be mentioned with him as far as arm talent goes. 

Edited by BigRed88
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, BigRed88 said:

There may have been better "running" QB's at Henry County but if we are talking just as an overall QB. I will take Ryan over any of the others. That's some high praise being that we have had Marsalis Teague, Will Parrish, Calvin McNairl, Najee Ray just to name a few. Most of those guys can out run Damron yes, but idk if any can out throw. Will Parrish would be the only one in my opinion that can be mentioned with him as far as arm talent goes. 

Will Parrish was a special QB but he had Ethan Thompson they were an amazing duo. It would be more like if Damron  had Jawon Odoms through is Sr year. Talk about record potential 

1 hour ago, BigRed88 said:

I don’t know. McNairl had a freaking cannon. He wasn’t as accurate as Damron though EXCEPT on the run. McNairl could roll to either his left or right and and fling a dime 40+ yards. Think the Kenwood QB with a better team around him. 

I would say Teague was the best athlete we’ve ever had at QB, Damron is the best pure passer. McNairl though was probably the best dual threat. IMO of course. 

2 hours ago, theunknown said:

Dang man. I knew I recognized your username. Where the heck have you been for 8+ years? 

• Like 1