OAKLAND!!!!!

FlagFootball

28 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Back in 1964 the AP declared the state champion the second week after the season was over, On the last week of the season Memphis Christian Brothers was by far out in front and got upset by a rival Memphis school in the last game which put Maryville on top. Two weeks before that season was over Kingsport was in the second position only to drop behind Maryville over a bad game the following week. They only allowed 20 points during a 9 game season and played Chattanooga Hixon in their last game on October 29th. The game was played with Knox Young on Thanksgiving November 26 four weeks later. A big part of the team was already playing basketball for three weeks and were splitting time doing both. The AP back then voted before any type bowl games just like Tennessee was voted National Champions in 1951 only to lose to Maryland 28-13 in the Sugar Bowl but you don't hear anyone wanting to say otherwise. I know plenty of guys that played on that team and they all have told me had basketball not interrupted the season and not playing for a whole month most felt there would have been a different outcome. One of the guys I run into all the time told me the uniforms hung in the locker room for three weeks before they even practiced for that game. I know quite a bit about the history of Blount and Knox County all the way from the beginning. I also have done research for over 20 years on the history of all these teams including Alcoa even going back to when they were known as the Red Tornadoes. I don't agree with so many classifications and feel four is enough and has nothing to do with either Maryville or Alcoa but the damage that it has caused every week playing in front of empty seats.

too long....did not read....probably sound like this goat! Ha!

tenor.gif.a9a55ed7713b930c9b6790c6b57778c2.gif

2 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Lil Alcoa with their 650 students gives big boy football murvul all they want with their 6A, 1800+ plus students.  The gap is closing and you know it! And Alcoa will continue to close that gap.

Bee Cee at least be accurate. Marevul has 1616 students and you have been saying this about the gap closing forever, and my boys record against Alcoee continues to expand. Actually it has grown wider (like me Tee Hee Hee) in the last 21 meetings. (3-18)

2 hours ago, MarevulBigGal said:

Bee Cee at least be accurate. Marevul has 1616 students and you have been saying this about the gap closing forever, and my boys record against Alcoee continues to expand. Actually it has grown wider (like me Tee Hee Hee) in the last 21 meetings. (3-18)

I like the trend! just 3 points this year, 5 points last year. 14 points or less the last 6-7 years...with a 6 point Alcoa win in 2018!:thumb:

............pretty good giving up a thousand students! :lol:

image.png.7ca8943cd534064c0229df59dfdec9fe.png

Both Maryville and Alcoa have programs that 99% of high schools in America would love to have. I currently reside in Georgia, and the only program we have that’s even close is Buford, and they do not have the number of titles as you two have. A distant second is Calhoun, and they only have 3 championships. Coincidentally both school’s runs began about the same time as Alcoa’s and Maryville’s. City school systems in Georgia have been hit hard by a GHSA rule that, starting next year, will count each out of district student as 3 students for enrollment number purposes. This applies to publics and privates. 

23 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

LOL! 1964...really?! The murvul team that played them boys from Vestal!??  Young High School destroyed that murvul team in the Optimist Bowl in South Knoxville. Fact! Look it up. 

I find it funny of all the teams that the rebels want to self promote to state champions, that you'd atleast found one that you did not get donkey stomped by the school just a county over.....:lol:

That's your neck of the woods. SoKno boy! 

21 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

Think about this for one second.  I see that Cheatham County High School had several undefeated seasons and bowl wins in the 50s and 60s, under Hall of Fame coach Ralph Spangler, so I want to claim those as "state championships".  Do I get to claim those as state championships even though a state playoff didn't even exist back then?  NO!

I miss Coach Spangler!  What a great guy and could coach any sport with a ball.