Cleveland vs Baylor

JIII

15 hours ago, Appvol said:

Fred T Foard had their 77 match streak ended. Baylor and Cleveland beat them at the duals

They were really solid from 152-220. Probably the best group of middle and larger weights either Cleveland or Baylor will see this year. The lower weights cost them the dual against both teams.

11 minutes ago, JIII said:

They were really solid from 152-220. Probably the best group of middle and larger weights either Cleveland or Baylor will see this year. The lower weights cost them the dual against both teams.

My old high school wrestles them at App St this year. They are 1a but might be the best team in the state any classification. They will be at a tournament Cleveland is at this year. If the 2 HWTs meet in the finals it could be a really good match.

1 hour ago, cbg said:

Just a couple of observations 

1.  Why was David Harper not at 195lb. 

2.  Does Baylor not have a 113lb this season?  I have noticed that they forfeit 113lb every match

I can’t answer the first question. Corday who is normally the 113 had shoulder surgery in the off season and with his commitment to Army I don’t know if he will wrestle this season at all. That is second hand knowledge so not sure about the accuracy of that information. He was there at the dual but not in the line up.

26 minutes ago, greendoor said:

With Corday in the line up I think Baylor only gives up 3pts at 113 not 6. Baylor wins by 1.

It’s my understanding that Corday had labrum surgery on both shoulders so while he may very well be back in the lineup I don’t know why he would risk injury when he has an appointment to The United States Military Academy waiting on him after graduation!  Another torn labrum on a shoulder that is not fully healed could possibly risk him passing the stringent military physical.  I know of athletes being denied due to allergies.  

Why was David Harper not in the lineup at 195lb?  You go from a major decision loss to at the very least a regular decision.  A regular decision by David Harper  would have won the match for Baylor.

4 hours ago, BobCorker said:

Injuries. Heard that both Cordey and Harper will be back in Janaury.  Dual is no contest with those two.  How come Cleveland did not have the Lake Norman Duals on their scheudle before the season started? 

Let’s be real and ask the question, does it really matter that Cleveland did not have the Lake Norman Duals on their schedule?  IMO, both Baylor and Cleveland should wrestle each other in a dual at the end of the season when everyone is down to weight.  However, if you want to claim that you are the best you wrestle every good team available whenever you can schedule a match.  If a high school coach isn’t wrestling a schedule difficult enough for everyone to take a loss he isn’t doing his job.  Dan Gable always said that his job was to put together a schedule that every member of the roster would take a loss unless they were on top of their game every night.