Trousdale County (theGoodtheBADtheUGLY)

10 hours ago, ghostofthepast2021 said:

In a county with little to no tax revenue, the head football coach, who is in his late 20's, makes more than every employee in their school system except Principals,and 2-3 people at central office. 

Explain to me what I don't understand.

His salary is 60, and he received a pretty sizeable stipend on top of that.  Show me how much Smith, Macon, Westmoreland, FCS coaches are making? 

First, I dont care if the guy is late 20's or early 60's. Being a Head Football Coach is about the most underpaid job in this State. You put in about 100 hours a week and its not all just coaching football. You have a day job, teaching. Then your side gig is football. On top of all that goes along with it. And forget about a break, this is year round. its a 7 day 365 day gig. No other sport has these demands.

Second, the Football Coach is THE most recognized man in any district. He is the face of the school regardless of who makes more. Sure the Superintendent and Principals will make more. But the Football coach is more "famous" than them. And Honestly brings more to the school than them. Put all Head Football Coaches on a 12 month contract, like an administrator. Because, well, thats what they are. 

Third, the Tennessee State teachers matrix determines salary. Very few districts are against it. Masters level teachers with 5 years experience may make around 60k a year now. 

Fourth, What is your definition of sizeable? 5-7k is about what most schools pay in TN to be the HC. Theres exceptions, but the majority are underpaid, understaffed, have no resources, have no clue how to run an efficient program, are not supported by admin, and cant upgrade facilities from back when i played. 

You will lose this argument. These HC work for basically free. The assistants do work for free, by the time you figure up their actual working hours. 

I am saying ALL football coaches are underpaid, regardless of the district.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BruceColetrain said:

First, I dont care if the guy is late 20's or early 60's. Being a Head Football Coach is about the most underpaid job in this State. You put in about 100 hours a week and its not all just coaching football. You have a day job, teaching. Then your side gig is football. On top of all that goes along with it. And forget about a break, this is year round. its a 7 day 365 day gig. No other sport has these demands.

Second, the Football Coach is THE most recognized man in any district. He is the face of the school regardless of who makes more. Sure the Superintendent and Principals will make more. But the Football coach is more "famous" than them. And Honestly brings more to the school than them. Put all Head Football Coaches on a 12 month contract, like an administrator. Because, well, thats what they are. 

Third, the Tennessee State teachers matrix determines salary. Very few districts are against it. Masters level teachers with 5 years experience may make around 60k a year now. 

Fourth, What is your definition of sizeable? 5-7k is about what most schools pay in TN to be the HC. Theres exceptions, but the majority are underpaid, understaffed, have no resources, have no clue how to run an efficient program, are not supported by admin, and cant upgrade facilities from back when i played. 

You will lose this argument. These HC work for basically free. The assistants do work for free, by the time you figure up their actual working hours. 

I am saying ALL football coaches are underpaid, regardless of the district.

Dude, he's athletic director.

Coaches set schedules and do all the specifics. All he does is disseminate information from DOS and TSSAA.

Anyone who knows alot of football coaches in this area know they aren't exactly pros, BS included.  You seem to glorify a position for way more than it is.

He is handsomely paid for his level of work and effort.  Also, Masters levels teachers with 5 years experience only make 60,000 in 4 districts.  You have nearly 80% they don't even scratch low 50's.  I don't know where you are getting your info from, but it looks like a bald faced lie. 

Just now, ghostofthepast2021 said:

Coaches set schedules and do all the specifics. All he does is disseminate information from DOS and TSSAA.

Anyone who knows alot of football coaches in this area know they aren't exactly pros, BS included.  You seem to glorify a position for way more than it is.

He is handsomely paid for his level of work and effort.  Also, Masters levels teachers with 5 years experience only make 60,000 in 4 districts.  You have nearly 80% they don't even scratch low 50's.  I don't know where you are getting your info from, but it looks like a bald faced lie. 

It's not year around.

TSSAA doesn't allow it to be year around, again a BALD FACED LIE from you.

Just now, ghostofthepast2021 said:

It's not year around.

TSSAA doesn't allow it to be year around, again a BALD FACED LIE from you.

If TC is running practices and work outs year around someone needs to report that to TSSAA so they can receive infractions and have practices and playoffs taken away.  If Bruce is right, they are in violation BIG TIME. 

4 minutes ago, ghostofthepast2021 said:

A masters and 5 years in TC gets you 45,000.

Just so we are clear.

22 minutes ago, ghostofthepast2021 said:

This is exactly why TN cant have/ keep good football coaches. The pay is crap. 

Masters degree plus 5 years AND a football suppliment are making 60k as HC.

Workouts are year round for every sport, or should be. Again...why do you think TN is behind other states?

You have obviously never been around anyone who coaches, for real. 

There is no such thing as a 12 month contract. That term means your coaching supplement will be equivalent to two extra months salary. $45,000 per year divided by 10 months = 4,500 per month. That equals to a $9,000 supplement for head coach. Softball is around $4,500 and athletic director is around 2,500 in TC. That’s 61,000. I do agree that’s above average pay. But to Bruce’s argument, it’s not enough for any of the coaches. And I would be willing to bet he is the 3rd or 4th highest paid coach in the district. Metro, Wilson, Sumner, Robertson schools pay much better overall for their teachers and coaches. 

Edited by vufan61

10 hours ago, BruceColetrain said:

This is exactly why TN cant have/ keep good football coaches. The pay is crap. 

Masters degree plus 5 years AND a football suppliment are making 60k as HC.

Workouts are year round for every sport, or should be. Again...why do you think TN is behind other states?

You have obviously never been around anyone who coaches, for real. 

workouts are not permitted to be year around.. wrong again homie.

I know every coach on tc, Bruce,

Second statement is also bs.

Come on man