Girls Ranking 12/23

cougars130

18 minutes ago, cougars130 said:

Right like the tournaments on the east side literally have less then 40 girls show up to them. It can’t be too hard to run a tournament on track with 40 girls. I’m sure it’s the lack of coaches who don’t care about their 1-3 girls in their program so they don’t care to take them to girls only tournaments when a varsity tournament for boys his being held somewhere else. 
Or the coaches who hold a girls tournament but promote it for only 15 days notice for other teams to go to it. 
there is literally a spreadsheet for tournaments and yet some tournaments are not on there but are promoted on coach T 2 weeks before the tournament. 

Attacking the coaches surely won’t help your cause or your argument. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Hamblin said:

It is the responsibility of the head Coach to enter the data onto track. Not the manager.

Well the head coach or tournament organizer should want to use track and input information but it seems they don’t do it often. Yet will critique rankings while not getting information out to the public.   

What I find funny is how long this post has been up and only 1 or 2 people comment but then I mention the lack of information or effort to input results and everyone comes to respond. All I’m saying is don’t act like I’m supposed to have all the rankings accurate if the information is not out there to provide info for the rankings. 
I have literally posted an email on the rankings I did last year for information purposes to help with rankings nobody responded so I have continued doing the rankings with the information that is provided on track. If you want a girl noticed and given respect then get the information out there. Until then agree with them or not but I can explain my reasons for who is ranked where at any point. If you are undefeated yet have wrestled no hard competition then it’s going to be hard to make the rankings in my book.  

3 minutes ago, cougars130 said:

What I find funny is how long this post has been up and only 1 or 2 people comment but then I mention the lack of information or effort to input results and everyone comes to respond. All I’m saying is don’t act like I’m supposed to have all the rankings accurate if the information is not out there to provide info for the rankings. 
I have literally posted an email on the rankings I did last year for information purposes to help with rankings nobody responded so I have continued doing the rankings with the information that is provided on track. If you want a girl noticed and given respect then get the information out there. Until then agree with them or not but I can explain my reasons for who is ranked where at any point. If you are undefeated yet have wrestled no hard competition then it’s going to be hard to make the rankings in my book.  

I will speak for myself. I’m not involved with rankings nor do I care to be. When you put your stuff out there for the world to see you should expect some criticism. Take the criticism with a grain of salt and keep posting your opinion. If every time someone disagrees with you and you get upset about it it just adds fuel. Just ignore them and keep posting. If by the end of the season you are correct and they are not then so be it. 

I will add a little something by saying girls programs don’t spring up over night. They start small and gradually build from there. It is very difficult to get girls mat time when you only have a couple and you can only find Saturday events for them.  As a boys coach primarily I find what I can for the girls when we have them. We are fortunate to have 3 coaches so when we do have a girl competing we can get her mat time and it is usually as a member of another team as wrestling in girls duals are not realistic or you only do Saturday tournaments. Some programs can’t afford additional coaches so it leaves one man to do both. Do you see the problem? 
In retrospect, arguing about it with someone else isn’t going to make it better and permitting your self to be antagonized will only raise your blood pressure. Keep doing what you are doing but expect a little criticism. Who cares what others think. 

• Upvote 4

48 minutes ago, Hamblin said:

I will speak for myself. I’m not involved with rankings nor do I care to be. When you put your stuff out there for the world to see you should expect some criticism. Take the criticism with a grain of salt and keep posting your opinion. If every time someone disagrees with you and you get upset about it it just adds fuel. Just ignore them and keep posting. If by the end of the season you are correct and they are not then so be it. 

I will add a little something by saying girls programs don’t spring up over night. They start small and gradually build from there. It is very difficult to get girls mat time when you only have a couple and you can only find Saturday events for them.  As a boys coach primarily I find what I can for the girls when we have them. We are fortunate to have 3 coaches so when we do have a girl competing we can get her mat time and it is usually as a member of another team as wrestling in girls duals are not realistic or you only do Saturday tournaments. Some programs can’t afford additional coaches so it leaves one man to do both. Do you see the problem? 
In retrospect, arguing about it with someone else isn’t going to make it better and permitting your self to be antagonized will only raise your blood pressure. Keep doing what you are doing but expect a little criticism. Who cares what others think. 

I don’t really mind when people critique the rankings it’s more so the fact he states he only shares results with one person who does the PinTN rankings as if those rankings can be the only rankings for girls. Simply because it’s on a website. I’ll continue doing the rankings but it’s always the same coach having something negative to say instead of trying to make it better. 
also I do know how difficult it is to get mat time for girls that’s why tournaments should be done and posted to track for people to see. Also promoting the girls tournaments in a manner in which you want to get more girls there. If you want to build girls wrestling it takes coaches willing to do extra for those few girls. Also great advice given. 

2 hours ago, cougars130 said:

Right like the tournaments on the east side literally have less then 40 girls show up to them. It can’t be too hard to run a tournament on track with 40 girls. I’m sure it’s the lack of coaches who don’t care about their 1-3 girls in their program so they don’t care to take them to girls only tournaments when a varsity tournament for boys his being held somewhere else. 
Or the coaches who hold a girls tournament but promote it for only 15 days notice for other teams to go to it. 
there is literally a spreadsheet for tournaments and yet some tournaments are not on there but are promoted on coach T 2 weeks before the tournament. 

Stone Memorial had 90 girls and ran it without Trackwrestling. Not everyone feels Trackwrestling is the way to go.

12 minutes ago, JSamson7 said:

Stone Memorial had 90 girls and ran it without Trackwrestling. Not everyone feels Trackwrestling is the way to go.

That’s 1 tournament with 90 girls but anyway again like stated before I have posted an email for results to better the rankings I do Alone not with the help of coaches in the east who don’t use track wrestling so again my rankings would be done based on what information is posted on TRACK so if you want to brag about the help you give DF to create rankings then that’s fine but just keep your remarks of thinking you do more and expect my rankings to be accurate with missing information to yourself. Or do your own rankings by yourself without the help of DF. I’m sure I can find a GIRLS only coach who can send me information about your mystery tournaments. 

33 minutes ago, JSamson7 said:

Tullahoma - 133

ramsey Rumble -112

Battle of Indy -85

Rossview -147 

Rossview Girls JV - 80+ 

It would just be real easy for those progression weights not to be followed if info is never put into track yet making weight is a thing for tournaments and Track pretty much controls the weight progression for wrestlers. 

Edited by cougars130
Update

36 minutes ago, cougars130 said:

That’s 1 tournament with 90 girls but anyway again like stated before I have posted an email for results to better the rankings I do Alone not with the help of coaches in the east who don’t use track wrestling so again my rankings would be done based on what information is posted on TRACK so if you want to brag about the help you give DF to create rankings then that’s fine but just keep your remarks of thinking you do more and expect my rankings to be accurate with missing information to yourself. Or do your own rankings by yourself without the help of DF. I’m sure I can find a GIRLS only coach who can send me information about your mystery tournaments. 

Then do it, but I highly doubt another coach is going to send results out to just any yahoo who isn't a coach themselves or someone that didn't participate in their tournament. I sure wouldn't...

2 hours ago, JSamson7 said:

Then do it, but I highly doubt another coach is going to send results out to just any yahoo who isn't a coach themselves or someone that didn't participate in their tournament. I sure wouldn't...

yea that’s right don’t share your top secret tournaments that are not ran on track with anyone so no news can be told about it.. not using track just means avoiding the weight progression  charts.