Region 7 3A

Allthetalk

As a Charger fan, I hope that the Chargers can win 7-3A, but Dyersburg gave us all we wanted last year, beating us in the regular season and again in the playoffs. I don’t know how much Dyersburg lost to graduation. Would be interested to hear. 

Covington graduated All-State Athlete Jalen Fayne, who was our “Swiss army knife”, having played some at QB, at running back, at defensive back, and returning punts and kickoffs. He will be missed. Also graduating were QB Tanner Stewart, and linebacker Christian Barbee.  

Covington returns All-State linebacker A. C. Mason, who should anchor the Charger defense. Also back will be Jamarion Dowell, an All-State choice at running back. He ran for nearly 1500 yards last year. Freshman Skylan Smith showed a lot of speed in last year’s backfield, too.

Last year’s backup QB was Braden Gover, who will be a Junior this fall. I’m assuming that he will take over as the starter at that position this year. He showed me some speed running the ball last year when he got the opportunity, and the left-handler shows promise as a passer. 

I will be interested to see how Coach Kirby fills some of the gaps from graduation. I can promise that the Chargers will be competitive again. Past that, we will just have to wait and see.

On 3/22/2022 at 5:29 PM, CHARGERFAN said:

As a Charger fan, I hope that the Chargers can win 7-3A, but Dyersburg gave us all we wanted last year, beating us in the regular season and again in the playoffs. I don’t know how much Dyersburg lost to graduation. Would be interested to hear. 

Covington graduated All-State Athlete Jalen Fayne, who was our “Swiss army knife”, having played some at QB, at running back, at defensive back, and returning punts and kickoffs. He will be missed. Also graduating were QB Tanner Stewart, and linebacker Christian Barbee.  

Covington returns All-State linebacker A. C. Mason, who should anchor the Charger defense. Also back will be Jamarion Dowell, an All-State choice at running back. He ran for nearly 1500 yards last year. Freshman Skylan Smith showed a lot of speed in last year’s backfield, too.

Last year’s backup QB was Braden Gover, who will be a Junior this fall. I’m assuming that he will take over as the starter at that position this year. He showed me some speed running the ball last year when he got the opportunity, and the left-handler shows promise as a passer. 

I will be interested to see how Coach Kirby fills some of the gaps from graduation. I can promise that the Chargers will be competitive again. Past that, we will just have to wait and see.

Dyersburg lost a lot will be a rebuilding year

On 3/25/2022 at 9:36 PM, TrickyD said:

Dyersburg lost a lot will be a rebuilding year

Well, I will be interested to see what kind of team they put on the field this coming season. I continue to be impressed with some of what Ripley is doing. We didn’t play Millington last year because of a Covid forfeit, but I heard they were better. Bolton played us better than I expected them to. Bolivar has a ways to go before they can compete, in my opinion.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
47 minutes ago, stacmot said:

Sonny Moore’s Preseason Power Ratings for Region 7-3A

Covington       124.70
Dyersburg       118.11
Ripley              101.73
Millington       90,25
Bolton             73.43
Bolivar            70.40

That's probably how I see this region finishing, I'd like to see Ripley moves past Dyersburg this year, but they will have to prove that to me. 

9 hours ago, stacmot said:

Sonny Moore’s Preseason Power Ratings for Region 7-3A

Covington       124.70
Dyersburg       118.11
Ripley              101.73
Millington       90,25
Bolton             73.43
Bolivar            70.40

Thanks, Stacmot. I had not looked at that info yet. I hope Sonny has a good handle on 7-3A. I’ll take that right now and head straight to the playoffs. 

But, then we would miss all the regular season excitement.

Edited by CHARGERFAN

17 hours ago, BigGuy11 said:

That's probably how I see this region finishing, I'd like to see Ripley moves past Dyersburg this year, but they will have to prove that to me. 

If there is a year for Ripley to move past Dyersburg, it's this year. Dyersburg will be very young this year and will suffer through some growing pains. 

16 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Thanks, Stacmot. I had not looked at that info yet. I hope Sonny has a good handle on 7-3A. I’ll take that right now and head straight to the playoffs. 

But, then we would miss all the regular season excitement.

You are welcome Chargerfan!  If you liked that list, you might like this next list even better.  I went through the preseason power ratings and ranked the 3A west.  You’ll never guess who tops the list!

As we all say, the game is played on the field.  And speaking of fields, I know you’re excited to watch the Chargers take on 3 big foes (Munford, Dyersburg, and Haywood) on that new turf field..

Three Region 7 teams in the top 5...not bad!

Covington

7_3A

Dyersburg

7_3A

East Nashville

5-3A

Waverly

6-3A

Ripley

7_3A

White House

6-3A