Region 7 3A

Allthetalk

8 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Yeah, Bolivar will have to improve a lot to move up from last in 7-3A to his pick of third.

Bolivar has everything you need to be successful. I know that people are going to think that I am crazy for saying that because they have been so bad, but think about it. What 3 things do all successful programs have? 1. Great coaching. 2. athletes. 3. Community support. 

I remember when SGC was in the same region as Bolivar we had to park like a half a mile from the stadium to get into the place. They have a ton of kids on the sidelines and you know Bolivar is going to have athletes. They are missing a great leader that can pull all 3 things together. If, the Tigers can ever find that leader, they will be a force in 3A. 

If you look at your top Programs across rural W.Tenn and think about the 3 things I just mentioned you would probably agree with me. Haywood, Henry, Covington, UC, Peabody, Milan, USJ, SGC, Huntingdon, and other that I can not think of off the top of my head. They have all 3. You must have them all or you will not be competitive year in and year out. Go to any of the home games at any of the schools that I listed and there will be a packed house of fans, a ton of players fighting for a chance to play, and a huge coaching staff that is dedicated to getting their kids ready to win. 

Just sharing my thoughts. 

Edited by ManOfMillions

I watched Bolivar vs FW last week in their scrimmage. Bolivar looked pretty good all day. They moved the ball at will, outside of the first drive defensively they stuffed FW. It’s a scrimmage but they looked better to me then a 2-8 team they were last year. Still going to be a tall talk to get past 5th in this region. Covington and Dyersburg are good programs that always reload, Ripley is at least consistent and not bad, Millington I can’t really comment much on. I could see Bolivar MAYBE fourth in the region upsetting one of Millington or Ripley but that’s the highest until they prove anything different. 

5 hours ago, HarrisW said:

I watched Bolivar vs FW last week in their scrimmage. Bolivar looked pretty good all day. They moved the ball at will, outside of the first drive defensively they stuffed FW. It’s a scrimmage but they looked better to me then a 2-8 team they were last year. Still going to be a tall talk to get past 5th in this region. Covington and Dyersburg are good programs that always reload, Ripley is at least consistent and not bad, Millington I can’t really comment much on. I could see Bolivar MAYBE fourth in the region upsetting one of Millington or Ripley but that’s the highest until they prove anything different. 

I just can't see it, historically Bolivar is not a good program at all. I did a little research into them, they haven't won a single playoff game since 2007. Their last season opening win was 2017. they have been 2-8, 2-8, 0-9, 2-7  the past four years according to unapproved website schedules on them. I can not see how they would make a huge jump like that unless everyone else is just so far down this season. Covington is better, Dyersburg is better, Ripley is better, Millington has just as many athletes and have historically been better. I can not imagine Bolivar beating any of those 4. 

The way I see it in Region 7, Covington is a lock in the 1 seed. Dyersburg is down, you never know what Ripley team is going to show up, and haven't heard much out of the Millington camp this offseason. If Bolivar can beat Bolton again this year and find a way to beat Millington this time, they definitely can get in the playoffs. But Dyersburg or Ripley would have to be WAY down in order for them to get to 3rd in the region. Neither has looked that great in the preseason, but I do not think they lose to Bolivar this season, but hey you never know, that's why they play the games! :thumb:

• Like 1