East Rob Vs Clay Co

Mottomotto

1 hour ago, SavageSpeaks said:

Clay Co would have a better chance than ER.

I just don't see it happening. MAHS and MASE both beat Douglass who is a favorite in AA. ER's best win was against Greenbrier. 

A/AA is basically the same size schools so there isn’t much difference. any team coming out of Memphis is always one of the favorites and always will be just way too much talent down there for them not to be. Here is one thing that is for certain and you can write this down, Clay and East Robinson will be in Murfreesboro.  Both will have an easy road in the substate neither VanBuren nor the Chattanooga school will stand a chance. So only two of the schools you mentioned will make it to the glass house. My money is on Middleton being one of them so one of the Memphis teams is out. ER can play with anyone in Class A this year. The glass house is a tough place to play if you have to hit an outside shot and you WILL have to make some outside of a layup to win. Teams are not just going to sit back and play straight man they are going to make you make a shot. So before you crown yourself let’s see what happens on the floor. 

24 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

A/AA is basically the same size schools so there isn’t much difference. any team coming out of Memphis is always one of the favorites and always will be just way too much talent down there for them not to be. Here is one thing that is for certain and you can write this down, Clay and East Robinson will be in Murfreesboro.  Both will have an easy road in the substate neither VanBuren nor the Chattanooga school will stand a chance. So only two of the schools you mentioned will make it to the glass house. My money is on Middleton being one of them so one of the Memphis teams is out. ER can play with anyone in Class A this year. The glass house is a tough place to play if you have to hit an outside shot and you WILL have to make some outside of a layup to win. Teams are not just going to sit back and play straight man they are going to make you make a shot. So before you crown yourself let’s see what happens on the floor. 

Beating completely inferior competition means nothing. I'm not crowning myself lol this is just what I think.

5 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Not me. I picked ER to win and that’s a fact. Groves for ER wrecked Pickett County’s team last night. He’s a very very good player. He dominated their guards and got to the rim at will. There’s only one problem ER will be facing a player that’s going to be able to do that to their team. Groves will not be the best player on the floor on Thursday night number 11 for Clay County will be the best player in the gym. If the game is called correctly and ER try’s to play up on Strong they will be fouled out in the first half. These teams have already played once with Clay winning. I see a repeat performance. 

First matchup means nothing. The little groves boy didn't play first match up has just been back 4 games this season and already made a huge difference against Pickett & Taylor Groves was getting out of football. Strong may be the best player but don't short change Tay Groves he’s avging almost 30 and 10 in his last 8 games & the best athlete with the other 2 Groves boys being better athletes than everybody but one for Clay. Game will close one way or another. Clay I do believe has better overall team but we’ll see tmrw night. 

1 hour ago, SavageSpeaks said:

Beating completely inferior competition means nothing. I'm not crowning myself lol this is just what I think.

This doesn’t even make sense. Who were they suppose to schedule they played district schedule 9 games and played local/county 8 games or so which are all bigger than them 2-4A that doesnt leave much and they still got some of the best in A on there out of district in Clay, Gordonsville, Sante Fe who all won 20+ games and good measuring stick for East. Houston county was the only real sleeper out of district but they play them most every year. Stating a team for Memphis is gonna win so nothing else matters this guy just a hater.

15 minutes ago, HonkyNinja12 said:

This doesn’t even make sense. Who were they suppose to schedule they played district schedule 9 games and played local/county 8 games or so which are all bigger than them 2-4A that doesnt leave much and they still got some of the best in A on there out of district in Clay, Gordonsville, Sante Fe who all won 20+ games and good measuring stick for East. Houston county was the only real sleeper out of district but they play them most every year. Stating a team for Memphis is gonna win so nothing else matters this guy just a hater.

When you have a team as talented as ER and Clay Co in Single A the goal is a gold ball. Who you schedule out of district is important. Where you decide to play your holiday tournament/s is important. Not taking anything away from ER or Clay, they both have solid squads, but I feel some other Single A contenders scheduled harder and therefore are more battled tested for the situation when it comes. 

With all that being said, I have this game capped at Clay Co -6

Strong will be too Strong in this matchup and will want one more game at home. 

Good Luck to both teams.